Your Top Favourite Meals + Desserts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perfectly seared, extremely rare sashimi grade tuna steak with wasabi and lots of pickled ginger. Perfectly seared, rare beef filet mignon with fresh horseradish. Breakfast casserole made with crispy hashbrowns, bacon, lots of cheese. Maine lobster with drawn butter.

If I had all of this, I'd probably skip dessert. Otherwise, creme brule, or pumpkin pie without the crust.

Last edited:
I can't say that this will be my favorite meal tomorrow, but right now, this instance, if I had to pick a last meal, this would be it.

Perfectly cooked, corn fed Wagyou Beef steak - bone-on rib-eye (no fillet for me, not enough beef flavor) where the meat has that great iron-salt flavor, with the natural sugars from inside the cell walls, all oozing clear, or even a little pink on top. Or, it could be a Delmonico steak from the Delmonico restaurant meat locker. The steak has to be cooked over charcoal, with the lid on to capture the burning fat smoke. Seve this up with sage stuffing, and barely cooked sweet corn on the cob, where the corn is hot, but not overcooked. Serve the steak with a good compound butter on top (matre-de sp), with a grilled portabella on top of the butter. The steak needs to be seasoned with salt and peppeer before it is grilled. The veggie would be steamed green beans, with a bit of crispness left in the beans. Beverage of choice - milk, served at 35' F.

Desert - Sprout' caramel/apple pie, made with my pie crust recipe, served hot with 2 scoops of premium, vanilla ice cream, made fresh, and served at about 28' F.

Finally, a glass of ice-cold milk to cleanse the palate. Are ya hungry yet?:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya' Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom