"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Sous-Vide Cooking
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2020, 08:26 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Yep, simple just like Andy, office binder clips. They fold down to accommodate the lid.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:30 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post

That's way overkill in my opinion Kgirl. I have no intention of using anything but my stock pot, and that sure won't fit anything other than a dedicated container you also have to purchase and you have to find room to store.

Old 09-27-2020, 08:59 PM   #23
Wannabe TV Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Yep, simple just like Andy, office binder clips. They fold down to accommodate the lid.
I have only those bitty alligator clips, may need to get myself to Staples for the whopper ones.
I saw a video last night where they used a simple wooden clothespin, I don't have those either though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
That's way overkill in my opinion Kgirl. I have no intention of using anything but my stock pot, and that sure won't fit anything other than a dedicated container you also have to purchase and you have to find room to store.
K-L, that's just what I was thinking when I saw that.
I could see if you had one of those square Sous Vide containers with the lid and all... and I was doing multiples of say Chops or Steaks and wanted to keep them separated and water circulating well... but it's just two of us, I don't entertain, I just share food with neighbors.
Kaneohegirlinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:35 PM   #24
Head Chef

Clips are one thing I won't have a problem finding! And down in my workshop, I have some of the old wooden clothes pins.

Clips, used mostly in garden. by pepperhead212, on Flickr
Old 09-27-2020, 11:58 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Larger binder clips are the best because you fold down the silver pincher things to make a flat pot surface for the lid.

I also use handfuls of them for bags of all kinds of pantry items and for bags of frozen veggies too, not to mention bags of chips.

Tags
tips