Gloomy August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miniman

Executive Chef
Our meterological Office has just announced that this August was the gloomiest August in records - hardly any sun. Hardly any outside fun at all this year. We did have a good day on on hols - we went to Brimham Rocks where the erosion has caused some wonderful shapes.

the last two weeks of august were also gloomy and overcast a lot. looks like fall to me. but then again we have had no major heat spells. that means less fire hazard. babe

Sorry so gloomy, mm. August wasn't pleasant here either. When the sun was out, it was a heat index in the 100s with near 100% humidity. But then Fay came through, and it's been rainy on and off for more than 2 weeks, and the reports are mosqiuto counts are at 100% increase from the norm. And the water is still lying around. Our water tables were 3-4 feet short. But with Fay, they've climbed to 10-12 ft. above normal. That was one good thing.
But enough already!

I think we had one of the prettiest, coolest summers ever. I'm hoping that doesn't mean that we are in for a miserable winter again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom