Great find at Goodwill...again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Was "grazing" at a Goodwill store that I don't get to very often. Fortunately, for us, I spied 6 tall glass tumblers that match our Corelle dishes. The pattern has been discontinued for more years than I can remember. Over the years we've broken most of the glasses. But yesterday's $3.50 purchase put a little more life into our glassware supply.

I've surfed the offerings on eBay and couldn't even touch 1 glass for what I paid for 6, to say nothing of having to pay the ridiculous shipping fees sellers are charging now.

You find the best stuff Katie! I've also had Corelle dishes for as long as I can remember, but never the glasses. Do the glasses not break also?
I'm sooooooo sick of my dishes I could scream but they just keep hanging around, year after year, after year.
I wish Corelle would come out with some really beautiful dishes. All the patterns seem to scream that look of "Corelle Ware".

No, the glasses aren't as durable as the plates, etc. but they set a nice table. Our pattern is called Summer Blush and we have a good quantity of plates, bowls, service pieces and quite a few good old Corning casseroles (same shape as the original cornflower blue ones). I've come across many of the extra, more expensive, pieces at Goodwill and yard sales.

I've been using some clear Tupperware acrylic tumblers that have nearly the same colors as the Corelle pattern.

I always hit goodwill and the salvation army stores. Sometimes you find some good stuff. Usually find cheap canning stuff nobody knows what it is.

Back
Top Bottom