Home or Restaurant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Would you rather eat a great meal at home (via take-out) ORRRRRRR...... eat at the restaurant?
1.gif

Im curious as to way either way! SO dish the dirt. :rolleyes:

:)99% of the time.. I'd rather eat at home. Alone and quite.
But, sometimes I just feel the need to be SERVED instead of doing the serving.

It depends who I am with. If I am with certain members of my family eating at a restaurant can be embaressing. I would like a nice quiet romantic dinner anywhere with my husband but he is not really a romantic kind of guy.

If we are talking fine dining, prefer the restaurant.

I think it is the entire experience that helps make the meal a truly enjoyable experience.

Also a perfectly cooked dish will often not stay that way for long, in my opinion anyway, and is best tasted freshly made.

But as far as food from the usual, run-of-the-mill chain restaurant goes, much prefer tale-out.

We rarely go out, so I'd have to say I'd prefer to have dinner out. Dinner at home could be nice but there is an ominous feeling about the dishes when we're done eating. Dinner at home seems like it's a rush sometimes, a rush to get the kids to bed and start cleaning. A rush to get everything done so I can relax. If we go out, someone else is serving me and even though I still have to tend to the kids it is more relaxing. When we're out, I don't have to worry about the mess until we get home.

Another thing is we get stuck in ruts, eating the same meals. When we go out, I get to order seafood (dh doesn't like it, so I never cook it). We get to have something different than usual.

At home. I enjoy cooking so much that eating out has become a frustrating experience! Plus, I'm quite calories-conscious and I'm kind of scared of food I have not prepared myself...

But I enjoy eating out every once in a while. It's a good way to discover new cuisines and dishes!

I'll take a fine meal served in the comfort of my home any day, any time.:)

Restaurant. I love the experience of going somewhere special and not having to THINK about shopping for the food!

I prefer dining at home, especially if everything that has been used go wash and dry themselves and go back to where they are stored all by themselves without my having to bother with them:cool:

I hate going out lately. Money is tight and if you go some place nice, it costs you some coin! Then the next morning, it's gone forever.

But sometimes there's nothing like eating out.

I prefer home.

I like both equally. I can have just as a romanic dinner with my boyfreind at home, as in a restaurant, same with friends and family (not in the romantic sense of course).

http://www.cookingforums.net/

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody can have at home the same level of cooking and service that you can find in a good restaurant. A professional cook is 100 miles over me and my skillness. So, it depends from what I need in that moment. If I want to taste, I prefer restaurant. If I like to invent, I prefer home.
Another matter is what you are likely to spend. I can find some reasonable cheap "restaurants" (too big word, I'm afraid) for 8 €. In this case, I can go out only because I don't want to wash dishes. But, if I want to go in a better place....what I agree to pay? 30?50?100?300?...

welp, since i'm a city-dwelling culinary student with a gazillion restaurants in my city, i get to dine onthose gourmet restaurant-quality meals that we cook at school, also dine at plenty of restaurants so what category is that?:blink:

Back
Top Bottom