How did you find DC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just read my introduction thread, apparently last month i got absolutely hooked on this site because I was looking for a recipe with "lamb hearts", found a thread and never left lol :)

I was searching for a recipe when I bumped into DC. Trolled around for a few days and liked the atmosphere. So you're stuck with me and my ineptness at the computer. No, really, I've learned so much here and I'm really grateful. There's really not a lot to do here in this country and I look forward to my DC mail. Thanks for all of you who keep this site going. :):):)

Thanks, Katie E., you're going to make me tear up. If it wasn't for Buck, Barbara's and Jeenks help and support I never would have been able to post a picture to the "Guess What This is a Photo of" thread. This is a great site and I'm glad that y'all are here.

I found and joined dc in 2004..After beloning to another food club for about 3 years, I turned tail and hide from the computer for almost 10 years..The place was a horror after you caught on to the games the main clique played..I think I was looking for a recipe and my DH said use the computer, you don't have to buy every cookbook in the city:LOL: So I worked up my courage and hit food network , that was at the almost end of that mess and was it a nightmare,so I started searching and ended up looking in here..And as nice as everyone was and helpful as well, It took me almost a month of lurking before I had the nerve to post. That first post did it, everyone who answered was nice, helpful and very kind..I've never even thought of looking any further..So poor DC is stuck with me now. I enjoy every minute here and love each and everyone I've met.
kadesma

Found it through a friend and decided I liked this forum better than my actual cooking club bulletin boards.

I belonged to a message board for a former hobby of mine (I used to have many, many hobbies). However, once I became a father, I had to pare down my hobbies. Since cooking was so fun for me, and I have to eat anyway, I stuck with cooking as my main hobby.

I enjoy the community atmosphere of a well run forum, so I decided to find one for cooking. I literally entered "discuss cooking forum" into google, and this site popped up. I lurked for a few days, decided I liked how it felt, and decided to join.

Just curious----if anyone can fill us in------why did the food network fold? Sounds like a lot of you were on it. If you're busy or think this question belongs on another thread, I understand. But if someone could just give a short answer, I'd be appreciative. Never been on a site that folded---not yet, at least. :)

As happens with many sites, things got nasty. People were always on the attack. They closed down the site.

Wow---I guess the threat of a trip to Marge's woodshed keeps things on the straight and narrow path here which is great---I've left a few sites myself for the same reason. Just plain mean-spirited people. Thanks, Andy M. for an honest answer. Glad that we've all found DC....:)

I've been here 5 years! :ohmy:

The original owner (she lived in England and was either becoming a lawyer or doctor, I can't remember now) left a link at some forum I used to frequent (can't remember the name of it now). I checked it out and I'm still here - well, after 1 hiatus that is. I was the 17th member here and have watched this place grow with leaps and bounds! Some challenging leaps but in the end all good! I've watched it change hands and I can say since Andy R has owned it he has done nothing but GREAT stuff for our community. He never stops trying to improve this place and for that I am always grateful!!!!

expatgirl said:
Wow---I guess the threat of a trip to Marge's woodshed keeps things on the straight and narrow path here.

Just remember I have exclusive rights to all concessions at "The Woodshed":LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom