I'm home!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
Hello everyone! Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. I feel every single solitary stitch since it turned into a 7 hr operation. I stay in bed most of the time. I do get up and walk every hour to make sure I don't get blood clots.

I fought to come home the next day, not remembering that I wouldn't have a morphine IV with me...ouch.
Feeling stronger every day but I am not allowed to bend, reach, twist or lift any thing for 6 weeks. Then I have to take care until about April. Can't drive for 2 months.

Thank you again for all your prayes, calls and emails!

xoxo Jan

Glad you're home and it sounds as though you are, too. I've found that even when recovering, it's nicer when one can recover in their own bed amidst their own familiar surroundings.

Just take care of yourself and, as ordered, take it easy.

Welcome home Jan,
rest, six weeks goes pretty quickly and before you know it you will feel your old self..So glad everything turned out well.

kadesma:)

Jan I'm so glad you're home and ok. Geeze 7 hours! I'm glad everything went well! Just think, what a perfect time of year for this. You can snuggle up inside and stay warm and cozy while the rest of us have to freeze our rears off - and by the time Spring comes you'll be ready!

Take very good care, mind the doctor - and your body (it will tell you when you've done too much).
:angel:

Lol, Sharon, it's 70 here and I'm missing a beautiful day.

I get tired so quickly so I usually walk to my office and then go back to bed.

I'm minding the doc...I don't want this to happen again. :angel:

Welcome back sweetie!!! Glad to hear all is well and will be praying for a speedy recovery!!!

Welcome back home!!!
9.gif
I VERY happy to hear that you are alright. :) Can you eat anything you want? Or did they put you on a certain diet? Just remember that we love you. :flowers:

YAY! I'm so glad to hear all went well and that you are in good spirits too. We missed you around here. Take care and rest up lots. (Got a laptop so you can chat with us in bed?)

HB, so glad that your 7-hour operation went well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Take good care of yourself and looking forward to your joining the forum soon.

Jan, Listen to your Doctor and YOUR body. It knows you best. Regards and prayers to speedy recovery.

It's Over

So thankful it's over, right? Going through something not sure about makes one feel so vulnerable. YOu made it so now let the fun begin. Just take you time getting back to being normal. Must remember the body needs time to heal. Thanks for letting us know you returned and made it.

Back
Top Bottom