In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buck and Katie have been on my mind all weekend. Hope the hospital transfer provides them answers. Katie, know that all of us here are praying for you and Buck and your family.

I am glad to hear they are taking him to a place where the equipment and personnel are more familiar with the unfamiliar. Neighborhood hospitals are great for emergencies, but the big teaching hospitals are best when you are REALLY sick.

I'm hoping this will be a big help on Buck's road to recovery.

Prayers continuing without ceasing....

thanks barb,

even though the news is not good, it is better than being in the dark, as to what is going on.

can't stop thinking about them and am sure neither can anyone else.

babe:(:(

Those of you who have sent a donation to Katie and Buck, I just want to let you know I sent it on to her and attached all your names to it. As long as folks send the money I will continue to send it to her. They will need all the help they can get with Katie having to stay in a motel.

Please keep praying everyone. And if you are able, please check out the other thread for how you can help financially.
Barbara
Yes, if anyone has a few extra dollars this month, I know first hand how expensive it is staying with a seriously ill family member in the hospital. Especially out of town. (Probably lots of people here have been in the same situation before, too.)

Alix is handling PayPal donations so that any monetary gifts can get to Katie quickly. Obviously, our prayers are priceless and the most important gift we can give to Buck and Katie. But if you've saved a little on lunch this week and feel moved to share, PM Alix and she will get it to Katie.

Those of you who have sent a donation to Katie and Buck, I just want to let you know I sent it on to her and attached all your names to it. As long as folks send the money I will continue to send it to her. They will need all the help they can get with Katie having to stay in a motel.
That's wonderful, Alix. Thank you so much for taking this on. I know it will give Katie a little less to worry about.

It is comforting to know that the doctors must feel that there is SOME hope, or they would not be transferring him to a tertiary care hospital. And if he were not more stable than he appeared to be earlier, I don't think transfer would be an option. Over the weekend, we got the impression that it was just a matter of time. No one here accepted that, and kept praying. Thanks, Barbara, for giving us this news.

If we had a hospital name we could all send flowers and baskets with our prayers on it as well... fill his room with em.

I was thinking of flowers, too, but sometimes there is no room for them in CCU or ICU.

Yes, there is usually no room. They can be put at the nurse's station outside ICU but I'm one of those people that feel for all they are going through right now, flowers won't pay for a meal or a night in a hotel room - so......that's where my $$ are going.

Have I said how proud I am to be associated with DC? We have an amazing group of members here...truly, my heart is lifted.

Yes, there is usually no room. They can be put at the nurse's station outside ICU but I'm one of those people that feel for all they are going through right now, flowers won't pay for a meal or a night in a hotel room - so......that's where my $$ are going.

Have I said how proud I am to be associated with DC? We have an amazing group of members here...truly, my heart is lifted.
:)I agree. What they really need is cold hard cash. Any amount any one can spare will add up quickly. I sent money this afternoon. There is no telling how long Buck will be in the hospital and while this is going on neither one can work in their shop to make a living. So dig as deep as you can. They deserve all we can can do for them . Even if you can only afford $5.00 it still will help alot.

:)I agree. What they really need is cold hard cash. Any amount any one can spare will add up quickly. I sent money this afternoon. There is no telling how long Buck will be in the hospital and while this is going on neither one can work in their shop to make a living. So dig as deep as you can. They deserve all we can can do for them . Even if you can only afford $5.00 it still will help alot.
So true, JP. We are such a big community that even $5 gifts add up quickly. And you know Katie - she would never ask or complain about the financial situation during this crisis so it's a good thing she and Buck have a big family here!

All of the money I have received for Katie and Buck has been sent as of a few minutes ago. I have to tell you I have a huge lump in my throat and I am so proud to know all of you gracious and generous people.

All of the money I have received for Katie and Buck has been sent as of a few minutes ago. I have to tell you I have a huge lump in my throat and I am so proud to know all of you gracious and generous people.
Also I'm sure Alix will be more than happy receive more money to send to Katie as people find out about this or are just waiting for their pay check etc it's never to late . Both Buck and Katie have a long road ahead and we will stay on that road with them as well as long as it takes.

Yes, jp - she is sending these in "little lumps" as she receives them. We're not done, I can feel it! Like I said ^^^ - I have never been more proud of our members.

Back
Top Bottom