My fool nephew in Iraq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raven

Sous Chef
We heard from my sister today.

Turns out my durn fool nephew over in Iraq got his butt shot off and has been in the hospital over the new-years holiday. He's fine now and back on the job (the wound was apparently minor) but he wouldn't go into any detail about it or how bad it was (he just said he'd been "Wounded"). :rolleyes:

I think I'll start calling him "Cheeky, the boy with the .30 cal. zit on backside" from now on :mrgreen:

God Bless
~ Raven ~

img_210652_0_3ae166d8c5ec9384724638db1f27af3d.gif

Last edited:
Please send your nephew a big hug from me...not only because he sustained injuries (no matter how minor), but because he is my hero, keeping me safe.

They all deserve the Purple Heart. Tell him thank you for serving our country and to "watch his butt".

If it wasn't for "Cheeky' we would be the ones hiding and ducking...I hope he stays safe now and will keep him in my prayers..He is indeed a hero..

kadesma

You have to be proud of him anyhow! Very brave to be in the military right now. They all have my prayers!!

Be proud of him, He is serving our Country. If it weren't for our Service Personal we could all be "speaking a foreign language." That is what my DH would say when I use to say " Now,if I were running this man's Navy"

My DH still carries shrapnel in the same area..received it while taking care of a wounded Marine in 1951 in North Korea. No Purple Heart..he had it pulled from his records because they would have notified his Mom and he didn't want to worry her. Same thing in Viet Nam in 1965
Marge

Kudos to him for his service. It is greatly appreciated!

Sure hope he's healed soon. Puts a literal meaning on covering your backside . . . .

Big Dog,
It's funny to see the expression on a nurses face when she is about to give him a shot back there when he warns her so she won't bend the needle.

Back
Top Bottom