Prayers, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DawnT

Sous Chef
Could I please have your prayers. My Uncle passed away New Years Eve and I'm not doing all that great. He was just 10 years older than me and so was more like a big brother then an uncle. He was Mom's baby brother, and I need to keep it together for her and my children when they are around. She's around alot right now... Please pray for my Aunt and cousins and step-cousins also. Thank-you, Dawn T:(

I'm so sorry to hear of your uncle's death, Dawn. It's so sad to lose someone that has been so close. Can you tell us a little about him? Sometimes it helps to talk about the wonderful memories you have of your loved one. And of course, you and your family will be in my thoughts and healing, peaceful vibes are headed in your direction.

My Uncle

He was a pain in the --- and would give you the shirt off his back. He was a Viet Nam Vet. He could play the guitar and banjo like anything. Sing anything you asked, if he didn't know it and you could start the song, he would pick it up, add to it and make you think he wrote it. When I was 8, he and his new wife rented an apartment from my parents. I got in trouble( don't remember what for, not my fault of course.) Uncle Mike let my "runaway" to the apartment. It was in the back part of the house, mind you. Not a far distance to run! I "lived" there for 3 whole days. In my teens, he put a car on the road for me, lent me a car when mine broke down, bought me things, took me places, and picked on me like a big brother, questioned dates, threatened dates... Later, after DH and I got married, Uncle Mike was the one that told me I was pregnant for DD. Later took both DD's for vacations, bought them things, picked on their dates, cheered DS's racing career, had DS out to Cali this past March for ten days all paid by him, even though he was not feeling all that great. In October his health took a turn for the worse, he ended up in the local hospital for which I am greatful. Unfortunately, there is no more chances to hear him play music, be picked on by him, or get into it with him. Fortunately, my son does have his laugh, it must run in the family. Dawn

Your uncle sounds like a gem, Dawn. I'm not sure what is is about that era, but I have an uncle who's a Viet Nam Vet who's only 9 years older than me and he sounds a lot like yours. It really is like you lost a big brother, isn't it? Thanks for sharing a little about him. It's clear he's touched a lot of lives and will be missed dearly.

i'm sorry about your uncle, dawnt.

as you know, my prayers have been answered already, so i'm sending all of that good energy your way. be strong for your family, and you can come to us when you need a shoulder.

I am praying for you Dawn T, and for your aunt and family.

I went through something similar when my aunt (my mom's baby sister) died right at New Year's a few years ago. She was 13 years older than me and lived with us for awhile when I was young. I went and lived with her, my uncle, and my cousins for awhile when I was 19. We were really close.

Barbara

Prayers,good thoughts coming your way..Blessings for all of you..Hold on and hold close the good loving memories..These comfort you more than anything right now.
kadesma

Prayers and good thoughts have been sent for the family and you Dawn.
Keep remembering the good times with your Uncle Mike, holding them dear.

Thank you everyone. The thoughts and memories come crashing in waves, the tears come and go in tides. DS is a huge help right now as he was(is) my last touch of Uncle Mike- he has that same humor and laugh, same sh** eating grin as Uncle Mike had, and the sparkle in his eyes. Thank God for small (5'11") favors right?

I'm so sorry!

img_528856_0_6d41f9813aea47c4d434c291edef460a.jpg

Dawn, I'm so sorry to learn of your loss. Your uncle sounds like a unique guy and someone worthy of holding dear in your memories. His music and loving gestures will always be with you. Celebrate him. Buck and I send our heartfelt condolences.

Dawn. There is so little I can say at a time of loss like this but know that my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Bless you all.

Dawn I am sorry for the loss to your family. What a terrible way to start the New Year for you and your family. Your mum must be hurting a lot. I hope this is the worst thing you have to experience in 2008. My thoughts are with you.

KatieE, jpmcrew, middie, JoAnnL, Bilby, Thank-you. I know it sounds trite, but I do mean it -- Thank-you. Like I said, I do have Donny to help me see and remember. Right now that hurts, but I'm sure it will get better in the future. Dawn

Sorry for your loss, DawnT. It's always hard to lose someone, and even worse when they're taken too early. You'll be in my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom