Unexpected pleasures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had an unexpected visit from a good friend of mine this morning, he rarely comes here to the Lab, but we see each other at the Gardens a couple of times a week for a good chat and a beer or seven in the potting shed.

he came with half ounce of Cherry Tobacco (I roll my own cigs), I`ve not had cherry tobacco for Years! and only ever mentioned it to him in passing several months ago, it seems he didn`t forget :)

I was awakened this morning to my kids & dog climbing in bed with me. It was nice just to lay in that big warm bed with my 3 "babies" & cuddle for a while.

I'm putting in flooring soon, so yesterday I made a diagram of the area I want done (to check on square footage). Anyway, after I looked at the drawing, I realized that the coat closet (which we barely use) butts up to the side of the pantry....which means I can knock out the adjoining wall and expand!
hooray!!!

The ladies I had helping me with the Safety Pin dinner last night were INCREDIBLE. I only had to explain how I wanted the evening to run and they took it from there. All I had to do was plate and they handled the service and clean up without me! I love working with people who don't need hand holding. It was a real treat.

doing grocery shopping and finding ground round pre-made patties for 1.49 a lb. Whooo hoo..Since we are planning to bbq tomorrow, this was just the thing. Cost wonderful, and no patting and shaping:LOL: And then coming home to find two little kids here plus a helper to unload the car!

kadesma

I am in Santa Barbara today and staying with some friends. The weather is very nice and Jolie and Tiny (that is their dog) are having a great time.

Roma! Who could know it would be so lovely.....just a brief afternoon and hardly saw a thing, but I was hooked from the moment I saw the orage trees dripping in fruit lining the roads and train tracks! I ran a round in my couple of spare hours, the Spanish steps, via del corso, the monument to Vittorio Emanuale, Trastevere ... I did not expect to like it as much!

It is snowing again and I don't have to go anywhere. I'm wearing a big warm sweatshirt and flanned jammie pants. Man I'm envious of all of you in warmer destinations, while being thankful that I don't live on Lake Ontario!

My neighbor.... he is so wonderful and in love with my dog! He started walking her once a day for me and now he's taking her out twice!

It started when I told him Id be hiring a dog walker and he said he wanted to walk her. Will not let me pay him a dime! I didnt want her alone all day when I start work, so now she has him coming over twice!!!

Wonderful, caring people are truly hard to find. I'm so fortunate I found them living right next door!! :)

Ditto, I thought it was a UFO at 1`st, it`s been that long since we`ve seen that Glowing Disc in the sky.

My fiance and I finally picked a place to host our wedding after being engaged for over two years.

philly29 said:
My fiance and I finally picked a place to host our wedding after being engaged for over two years.

Wow!! About time!! LOL. good for you two. Is it nice, does it work, is it good, is it fun??? Go post about it!!:)

After all the cold nasty weather we've been having, the sun came out and it warmed up to 60 degrees today! Kim took me out for lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant...the first time I've been out of the house in a month.

Back
Top Bottom