Upset stomach by almond milk but not almond!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chueh

Senior Cook
My husband kept saying that whenever he drinks almond milk, he gets diarrhea. However, he is ok eating almond nuts, either raw or baked.

Anybody knows what's going on? I suspect his upset stomach maybe just coincident, yet he is sure about his diarrhea caused by almond milk

I've read that many people who go to an alternative for milk also end up having other problems with, for instance, soy or Almond milk.

Go see a Gastroenterologist . Best way to find out.

There are a lot of other ingredients in almond milk that aren't almonds. Maybe your husband is sensitive to one or more of those ingredients.

There's very little almond in almond milk, since there's very little liquid almonds. It's pretty much water infused with ground almonds. Taxlady is probably right that it's something else that is giving him problems. Switch to another milk. Almond milk is terrible for the environment anyway.

There's very little almond in almond milk, since there's very little liquid almonds. It's pretty much water infused with ground almonds...

...and then they have to do something to make it white. Unless there is an allergy issue with real milk, consider drinking it.

Back
Top Bottom