What's Your Brand Of Chocolate Decadence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a buddy who goes to Switzerland about once a year and he brings back lindt chocolate bars. They are crazy good and better than the ones available here. They have the same flavors but they must have a different recipe for export.

The Lindt chocolates for the United States are made in New Hampshire. They even have a chocolatier that they sent here from Switzerland. The recipe is the same as what is made in Switzerland. But I am sure the airlines appreciates him spending all that money flying that far when they are right in his own back yard. The CEO and most of the employees are from Switzerland also. Throughout the year, the owners come here to make sure the product is not being compromised. The milk for the milk chocolate items comes from a local dairy on a daily basis and is about a fresh as you can get. :yum::yum:

Last edited:
Our local chocolatier is Norman Love, whose chocolates are works of art, almost too pretty to eat, but very good as well.

Those are just for special occasions, being so expensive; I also like Trader Joe's light & dark chocolates and those meltingly wonderful Lindt little round truffle balls.

In baked goods, chocolate anythings.

I really, really like See's Candies. I like that people who like creams, can have those, and people who don't can have something else.

See Chocolates are not available in this part of the country. At least I have never seen them. Only on TV. :)

You can order them online: Chocolates & Chocolate Gifts | See's Candies They even have some that are sugar free. :angel: :pig:

I am a strong believer in giving my business to local establishments whenever possible. We have several in house chocoatetiers close by. Putnam Pantry comes to mind. If you get there too early in the day, you have to wait for them to come out of the kitchen. Pewter Pot is another one. Both within 15 minutes from where I live. :yum:

I am a strong believer in giving my business to local establishments whenever possible. We have several in house chocoatetiers close by. Putnam Pantry comes to mind. If you get there too early in the day, you have to wait for them to come out of the kitchen. Pewter Pot is another one. Both within 15 minutes from where I live. :yum:
Good for you. Chocolates shouldn't earn too many air miles. ;)

Barbara, Tax lady and Addie,

Thanks for all your lovely replies. Always a pleasure to hear from you all.

I am a Sprüngli woman, and I also like Lindt. Unfortunately, I have never had Sees or Chocolate Gifts mentioned by Barbara and Tax lady.

Though, a Godiva is lovely too ... Amongst numerous Italian chocs.

Have nice evening.
Margi.

Tinlizzie,

Lindt ! Swiss Sprüngli is the parent and owner of Lindt ...

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I too like to purchase from a local Chocalatier and find out all the new trends, types, fillings, shapes, textures etcetra ...

Kind regards.
M.C.

just what i needed--i've accidentally discovered a wonderful american-made chocolate on the market!! the chocolate is belgian, but made in boulder colorado, employing classic european chocolate-creating methods. the cocoa content ranges from 33-77%, and there are 24 different flavors. each bar is fresh wrapped in gold foil paper, and each contains a classic love poem written in the inner wrapper. (sigh) romance goes so naturally with quality chocolate, i think. i chose the semi-sweet chocolate bars, one with almonds and sea salt, the other a delicious dark chocolate with freeze-dried raspberry bits, mmmm....very affordable, too, these chocolove bars.
i found chocoloves at relay, a local food company that delivers my groceries. amazon carries some flavors of this chocolate too, but there are better prices online elsewhere....

Last edited:
just what i needed--i've accidentally discovered a wonderful american-made chocolate on the market!! the chocolate is belgian, but made in boulder colorado, employing classic european chocolate-creating methods. the cocoa content ranges from 33-77%, and there are 24 different flavors. each bar is fresh wrapped in gold foil paper, and each contains a classic love poem written in the inner wrapper. (sigh) romance goes so naturally with quality chocolate, i think. i chose the semi-sweet chocolate bars, one with almonds and sea salt, the other a delicious dark chocolate with freeze-dried raspberry bits, mmmm....very affordable, too, these chocolove bars.
i found chocoloves at relay, a local food company that delivers my groceries. amazon carries some flavors of this chocolate too, but there are better prices online elsewhere....

Hmmm, maybe I will have to look into this one.

:LOL: Vit, I didn't realize the name was Chocoloves, thought that was YOUR pet name for them! They sound delish.

Oh My !!!! Not sure if I should thank you or curse you for finding this LOL

They look soooo good !!!

:yum: Lindt here also.

Godiva has lost its appeal to a lot of Americans. Dove has gone too commercial. My 7-11 always have those Hershey mini bars of dark chocolate for 25 cents each. I always have to buy one when I go there. I love any dark chocolate. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom