My college project "Derek's Hungarian Beef Stew"
Well I have a college project and it's featring food I cook int he dutch oven. I have to make a 4 page spreed. That's 1 cover page, 2 main pages, and the order form. So now I'm at the fun part of the magazine. I get to transcribe the recipes from the slow cooker to the ducth oven, and here is my first recipe.
By the wa, It totally looks better in a program called Adobe in design
Derek’s Dutch Oven Recipe #1
Derek’s Hungarian Beef Stew!
1. 1-1/2 - 2 lbs round Beef steak
2. 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
3. 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
4. 1 cup chopped white onion/Spanish onion.
5. 1 minced garlic clove “I used 3 in mine”
6. 2 tsp suger “or you can use splenda”
7. 1/2 tsp salt/kosher salt, “I used kosher salt”
8. 1/4th tsp black ground pepper “also can use ancho chile powder”
9. 1/4th tsp ground ginger
10. 4 tomatoes cut in eights, Or use 2 10 oz can’s of diced tomatoes w/green chillies “I used the hot chilies” but you can use the mild.
11. 2 large red peppers, cut in strips
12. 1/2 half cup of cold water
13. 1 tbsp cornstarch. “or you can use flour as the thickening agent”
1.Cut the beef into 3’x1’ strips. Brown in oil. drain. Put back in the dutch Oven. keep on medium
2.In a separate bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, onions, garlic, suger, salt, and ginger. Poor over beef.
3.Cover, cook on medium for 2 hours or until the meat is very tender.
4.Add tomatoes & red peppers. Cook 1 hour longer
5.Combine cold water and cornstarch to make a paste. Drizzle over the beef. Cook on high until thickened. 10 minutes should work great.
6.Serve on rice or noodles.