My favorite super easy super fast no chop beef and shells

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Texmex

Senior Cook
IMG_20231002_120118413.jpg

This is literally a 20 minute recipe and it's good because it has better than bouillon beef paste in it.

1 lb ground beef
One and a half teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons better than bouillon roasted beef flavor stirred into 2 cups hot water
15 oz. Can tomato sauce
8 oz medium pasta shells

Brown the beef over high in a deep skillet or Dutch oven. Drain if necessary.
Add the spices and salt, stir.
Add the beef broth mixture
Bring back to low boil.
Add the tomato sauce. Bring up to simmer.
Add uncooked shells and stir.
Lower heat to medium. Do not cover.
After 5 minutes stir. If it's trying to stick lower the heat.
It takes about 10 minutes for the pasta to cook through. Then it's done!

I really like this flavor. I did this by accident while making a more involved recipe. I noticed midway when I got to the point of this being done where I stop here, that one I tasted it and it was really good and beefy. That first time I went ahead and finished the recipe which involved some other things and cheese and I didn't like it as well as if I had stopped here. So now this is just a easy quick recipe I like to use. Hope you enjoy it. I would not use any other substitute for the better than bouillon beef because I don't think it would be as rich.

Addendum. It was a little salty today which I have never noticed in the past. But it may just have to do with my metered salt thing. But if it does come out a little too salty, just cut it back by a half teaspoon and then add more if needed later. I used salty better than bouillon but they have low sodium.

Sounds like the old fashioned paycheck stretching comfort food that I grew up with!

I think it would also be good if you swapped out the tomato sauce for a can of cream of mushroom soup.

I’ll give it a try, thanks!

Sounds like the old fashioned paycheck stretching comfort food that I grew up with!

I think it would also be good if you swapped out the tomato sauce for a can of cream of mushroom soup.

I’ll give it a try, thanks!
Let me know if you try that! I grew up on my mom's goulash for that type of beef noodle dish. It wasn't much more trouble but it was a little more trouble because you did have to cut up the onion and it had to cook a little longer. But ever since I tried this it just has such a richer taste that I haven't even been making my old standby. This one is just so quick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom