Lemonade Cake ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FluffyAngel

Senior Cook
I can make a pretty decent lemonade cake, but I'm looking for ideas to kick it up a little to make it over the top. Definitely going to add more zest, then what? Ideas welcome.

Fluffy Angel,

Some ideas off top of think tank ...

The Topping ...

1/2 cup Lemon Curd
1 cup water
1 or 2 large fresh lemon, cut in thin circular fine slices and placed around the cake in circle ... for decorative touch ...

Have lovely Summer,
Ciao, Margi.

Last edited:
In my grandma's cookbook, there is a recipe for a "very lemon cake" that uses a yellow cake mix and lemon jello, lemon juice (fresh), and lemon zest. I don't do box cake mixes, but if you'd like, I can post the recipe (not TNT'd by me--and somewhat scanty re: directions--inspiration though).

Margi Cintrano said:
Fluffy Angel,

Some ideas off top of think tank ...

The Topping ...

1/2 cup Lemon Curd
1 cup water
1 or 2 large fresh lemon, cut in thin circular fine slices and placed around the cake in circle ... for decorative touch ...

Have lovely Summer,
Ciao, Margi.

This is what I was thinking. Presentation makes a difference in first impressions of food.

CWS4322 said:
In my grandma's cookbook, there is a recipe for a "very lemon cake" that uses a yellow cake mix and lemon jello, lemon juice (fresh), and lemon zest. I don't do box cake mixes, but if you'd like, I can post the recipe (not TNT'd by me--and somewhat scanty re: directions--inspiration though).
No thanks. I probably have the same recipe somewhere. Your right though. Where I got the inspiration was from a similar recipe for the same sort of thing. This is really just a lemon pound cake with a lemonade (soak?) made from frozen lemonade concentrate. I added lemon zest to the batter along with the juice. I've made it before and it always turns out good. I'm just not so good at additions or garnishes. I thought about lemon jelly slice candy on top. Maybe the candy idea is too much. I don't know. The spiral lemon slice idea Margi mentioned sounds good. How about candied lemon rind for a garnish? Would that work? I want it to be pretty too.

What about going with something else--candied violets? Something lavender? I don't know re: candied lemon....but then, I'm not a sweets person! A friend of mine used to make a frozen lemonade pie--she garnished it with .... it has been a long time... whipped cream, lemon zest (more like curls--not sure how she made them, probably with a veggie peeler and then put them in ice water--they were thin--julienne size) and some lavender leaves. You could go with French tarragon--a licorice flavor offset by the lemon... Alix is the resident lemonhead--she might have some other ideas!

No No 407: Lemon Coconut Cake with Lemon Topping

As per your request, here is the recipe:

250 grams of French room temperature butter creamy style
1 cup of sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tblsp. vanilla extract
1 tblsp. lemon zest minced very finely
1 cip of fine semolina flour
1/4 cup dry coconut
1 1/4 cups A.P. Flour ( All Purpose )

Lemon Topping:

3/4 cup confectioner sugar for the glaze
1 cup water
2 large fresh lemons sliced in thin slices for topping as in foto

1. pre heat oven 180 centig and butter a deep round baking pan 23 cm. and place a sheet of buttered parchment at the base of baking pan
2. with an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar and mix for 10 mins. until combined well
3. Then, add the eggs and gradually blend more and then add the vanilla and the semolina and mix another 5 mins.
4. now, incorporate the coconut flakes and with a metal spoon, mix in the AP flour and mix until the texture is smooth and creamy
5. Now place this mixture in the parchment in the baking pan and bake for 50 mins. to 1 hour
6. insert a skewer, and when it comes out clean, it is ready
7. let cake cool at room temperature and then, top the cake with the lemon topping

*** the topping instructions

1) in sauce pan, simmer the sugar and the water, and mix until dissolved
2) stir constantly until well dissolved
3) place the lemon slices in the pan and simmer 10 mins.
4) do not cover and do not stir

*** WHEN THE LEMON MIXTURE IS COOL ENOUGH, PLACE ON TOP OF CAKE ...

This cake comes from Pelopponese, Greece and has a sort of Bizcocho type texture.

Great for breakfast too ... with a wonderful Coffee ... or tea ...

Kind regards,
Margaux. :cool: ;) :yum:

Back
Top Bottom