Creme caramel with tropical fruit preserve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menumaker

Sous Chef
Hello Everyone,
Just back from Cuba which is a great country, very hospitable people but not known for it's cuisine perhaps! However, I had a wonderful dessert as mentioned above but I don't know how to really describe ( or make ) the tropical fruit that accompanied the dish. Fresh pineapple, mango, papaya had been cooked down to this mouth-watering 'confit' it seems, although pieces of fruit had retained their shape and served chilled. Quite exquisite.
Has anyone an idea how I might re-create this please? I adore creme caramel and make that often so that's not a problem
Thanks
Ps. Hurricane sandy certainly did some damage in the East. Luckily for us we were by that time in the west!! ;)

menumaker said:
Hello Everyone,
Just back from Cuba which is a great country, very hospitable people but not known for it's cuisine perhaps! However, I had a wonderful dessert as mentioned above but I don't know how to really describe ( or make ) the tropical fruit that accompanied the dish. Fresh pineapple, mango, papaya had been cooked down to this mouth-watering 'confit' it seems, although pieces of fruit had retained their shape and served chilled. Quite exquisite.
Has anyone an idea how I might re-create this please? I adore creme caramel and make that often so that's not a problem
Thanks
Ps. Hurricane sandy certainly did some damage in the East. Luckily for us we were by that time in the west!! ;)

Sounds delish! You may have answered your own question, Menumaker! Maybe cook the finely chopped fruit down with some water, a bit of brown sugar, a drop or two of rum, maybe some vanilla, even some citrus zest. Then add to your creme caramel.

BTW, would love to hear more about your Cuba vacay!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom