Flank steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I marinate mine in italian dressing, then grill it, slice it thin and put it on grilled garlic buttered rolls.

:) A couple of things do not cook more tha medium rare or it will be some what tough also slice thin againts the grain or it will be to tough.
Marinating is alway good.

:) Beer Marinade for flank steak

3 cups beer
8 scallions minced
2/3 cup oil
6 TBL brown sugar
4 cloves chopped garlic
2 tsp salt
2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 pinches ground ginger
6 TBL soy sauce

Mix together and marinate flank steak for 24 hours

Grill and serve. Very,Very Good.

DFinley44 said:
Is marinating it the best route to go?
I think a marinated flank steak is great. If you like to marinate meats then yes it is a very good route to go :)

I am having company for dinner Sat. and I am going to do 2 flank steaks using jpmcgrew's beer marinade(is this from the Joy of Cooking?)and ironchefs spicy lime marinade for the other two. I love marinated flank steak!
Do you think 24 hrs(marinate) is necessary since they tend not to be thick steaks?

Marinate, cook on a frying pan with olive oil, slice thinly and serve over a green salad. Use the same pan to make the salad dressing.

marajo said:
I am having company for dinner Sat. and I am going to do 2 flank steaks using jpmcgrew's beer marinade(is this from the Joy of Cooking?)and ironchefs spicy lime marinade for the other two. I love marinated flank steak!
Do you think 24 hrs(marinate) is necessary since they tend not to be thick steaks?
24 hours would be ideal, but not necessary. You could get away with 12 hours or less even, but the flavor will penetrate the meat more if it is in there 24 hours or so.

:) I dont think it's from the Joy of Cooking I will hafto check.I got the recipe from a place in Durango,CO where I worked for about 5 years.I think you will really like it.Just be sure not to over cook this cut of meat medium rare is best.

Back
Top Bottom