Guinness Meatballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Guinness Meatballs

2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup onions, finely diced
1-2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 ounces heavy whipping cream
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except eggs. Crack eggs in separate bowl and add to meat mixture. Blend mixture by hand until just incorporated.

Shape meat mixture into balls, 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place meatballs on 2 large sheet pans. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of meatballs reads 160 degrees. Shake each pan occasionally to allow meat to brown on all sides.

Remove pans from oven. Pour Guinness Cream Sauce (recipe follows) over meatballs and let steep until ready to serve. Meatballs and sauce can be held in a 160 degrees oven or crock pot until ready to serve. When ready to serve, arrange meatballs on individual serving plates. Drizzle cream sauce over and around meatballs.

Makes about forty 1 1/2-inch meatballs.

Guinness Cream Sauce
14 ounces (1 3/4 cups) beef broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cup Guinness draught stout
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature

In a small bowl, mix 4-6 tablespoons beef broth with cornstarch. Set aside.

Combine remaining broth and ingredients, except heavy cream, in heavy-gauge saucepot and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook for 15 minutes on low and reduce to a low simmer. Add heavy cream. When cream is blended, slowly drizzle in cornstarch mixture, whisking constantly until mixture is incorporated. Continue to whisk until sauce returns to a low simmer, about 5 to 10 minutes. Thickness and taste may be adjusted by adding slightly more broth or cream.

Makes 1 2/3 cups cream sauce.

Thank you Sierra, thumper and Michele. Hope you enjoy.

OK I made these at about 2 o clock this morning when we got home and wanted a snack. I wouldn't recommend them for a quick fix type of food--there was more prep time than I figured (or maybe I was just too tipsy yet to work at normal speed).

HOWEVER, they were darn tasty, and not much more a fitting way to end a night than with food made with alcohol :P.

Poppinfresh said:
OK I made these at about 2 o clock this morning when we got home and wanted a snack. I wouldn't recommend them for a quick fix type of food--there was more prep time than I figured (or maybe I was just too tipsy yet to work at normal speed).

HOWEVER, they were darn tasty, and not much more a fitting way to end a night than with food made with alcohol :P.

So glad you liked the recipe and shared the results. :)

Back
Top Bottom