DID YOU KNOW...
'Star Wars' creators designed Yoda to look like Albert Einstein .
1. We all know what to call the line where the ball is placed ; it's the
"Line of Scrimmage" But do you know what the line is called that must be
crossed for a "First Down" ?
2. What's the more technical name for a bicycle made for two?
3. Definition; QUODLIBET ...
a. - a topic for or exercise in philosophical or theological discussion.
b. - a lighthearted medley of well-known tunes.
c. - Both
d. - Neither
4. Who portrayed James Bond in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" ?
a. - George Lazenby
b. - Timothy Dalton
c. - Roger Moore
d. - Pierce Brosnan
5. How would the color celadon be described to those unfamiliar with the
a. - Pale Blue
b. - Pale Gray
c. - Pale Green
d. - Bright Red
6. Spotted Dick is a pudding made in Britain from flour, currants or raisins
and what key ingredient, which is actually raw beef or mutton fat?
7. The 1894 movie "Carmencita" was the first to be censored. The reason was,
the dancer Carmencita showed too much .......what ?
8. Who played McGarrett for 12 seasons ON tv'S "Hawaii 5-0?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
When Calvin Coolidge, the 30th President of the United States, was sworn in
on August 3, 1923, his Father did the swearing in .
1. the "Line to Gain"
2. a Tandem
3. - c
4. - a
5. - c
8. Jack Lord
Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933) was elected vice president in 1920. On the night
of August 2, 1923 Coolidge was in Plymouth Notch, Vermont, visiting his
family when a telegram arrived informing him that President Warren G.
Harding had died suddenly in San Francisco. Coolidge got dressed, came
downstairs, and at 2:47 AM on August 3 his father, a notary public and
justice of the peace, administered the Oath of Office by the light of a
kerosene lantern. Coolidge served out the remainder of Harding's term, and
was elected president in his own right in 1924. Coolidge was a successful
and popular president, but declined to run for reelection in 1928. Because
of his taciturn disposition, he was nicknamed "Silent Cal."
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi