DID YOU KNOW ...
The quill pen is thought to have originated in Spain about 1,400 years ago.
1. Which American writer's books have titles starting with each letter of
2. Can you remember the name of the Sprinter, competing for Canada in the
1988 Summer Games, who had to return his Medals when he tested positive for
3. The theme from which TV show (1981-86) features the line, "I'm not the
kind to kiss and tell, but I've been seen with Farrah"?
4. Fill in the missing words from 'Romeo and Juliet'. "Do you bite your
_______ at us, sir?"
a. - Tongue
b. - Thumb
c. - Finger
d. - Fist
5. What Canadian Province is found in the mountain time-zone?
6. Based on the two original Greek components of the word, what is the
literal meaning of 'astronaut' ?
a. - Space Wanderer
b. - Star Follower
c. - Star Sailor
d. - Star Seeker
7. By what name is 50's Rocker Ernest Evans better known?
8. What is the name of the princess, captured by pirates in "Peter Pan"?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Britt Reid, AKA the Green Hornet, is the son of Dan Reid, who’s the nephew of John Reid, AKA the Lone Ranger.
1. Sue Grafton
2. Ben Johnson
3. 'The Fall guy'
4. - b
6. - c
7. Chubby Checker
8. Tiger Lily
In the original radio incarnation, Britt Reid is the son of Dan Reid, Jr.,
the nephew of John Reid, the Lone Ranger, making the Green Hornet the
grand-nephew of the Ranger. The relationship is alluded to at least once in
the radio shows, when Dan Reid visits his son to question him on why Britt
has never captured the Hornet. On learning the truth behind his son's dual
identity, Dan Reid recalls his days riding in Texas with his uncle, as the
William Tell Overture plays briefly and softly in the background .
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi