DID YOU KNOW...
James Garfield could write Latin with one hand and Greek with the other hand
1. Interstate truckers call it 'Shaky Town' ; what do the rest of us
call it ?
2. Do you recall the name of the gal who sang the 'Theme From "The Poseidon
Adventure" ' ?
3. What is the name of the pig who becomes the main leader/dictator in
George Orwell's satire "Animal Farm"?
4. What material is traditionally used to make the curling stone in the
sport of curling?
5. Which of Alexander the Great's generals was an ancestor of Cleopatra?
a. - Langarus
b. - Alcetas
c. - Ptolemy
d. - Antipater
6. Tierra del Fuego is an archipelago that is shared by which two countries?
7. Which beer is brewed in the largest brewery in the world ?
a. - Budweiser
b. - Coors
c. - Lowenbrau
d. - Miller high Life
8. What Colorado city is the highest in the United States?
a. - Aspen
b. - Littleton
c. - Boulder
d. - Leadville
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
New York City’s Central Park is America’s largest City Park.
1. Los Angeles (I personally think it should be S.F)
2. Maureen McGovern
5. - c
6. Argentina and Chile
7. - b
8. - d
At over 8000 acres, Philadelphia's Fairmount Park is the largest city park
in the country. It extends along both sides of the Schuylkill from center
city all the way to Chestnut Hill northwest of the city. Included in the
park are the world renowned Philadelphia Art Museum and the Philadelphia
Zoo, the nation's first. The park is more than twice the size of New York's
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi