DID YOU KNOW ...
During the American Civil War, in the North, 1/3 of all men of military age
served in the war. For the South, it was 2/3.
1. Mesopotamia was the first civilization to develop a system of writing.
What was it called?
2. In Archeology, What are coprolites ?
3. When Vesuvius erupted in 79 A.D. , Pompeii wasn't the only city
destroyed. What was the name of the other city?
4. Alexander the Great suffered from which neurological disorder ?
5. Why do stained glass artists grind the edges of the cut pieces of glass?
a. - To allow the copper foil to stick to the edges of the glass
b. - To adjust the fit of the piece in the project
c. - Both
d. - Neither
6. Which Country superstar is missing from the Highwaymen ? Johnny Cash,
Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson and __________?
7. How many of the Fifty start with the letter "C"?
8. Without properly-functioning platelets, your blood will not clot - a
disorder known as ..... what ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ?
A film must win in four categories to achieve the Oscar’s “Big Four”: Best
Picture, Best Actress, Best Actor and Best Screenplay ..
2. Fossilized feces
5. - c
6. Waylon Jennings
It’s the “Big Five” !!
At the Academy Awards, the so-called "Big Five" awards are those for Best
Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Screenplay
(either Best Original Screenplay or Best Adapted Screenplay).
Films that have won the Big Five...
“It Happened One Night” –1934
“One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” – 1975
“The Silence of the Lambs” - 1991
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi