DID YOU KNOW ...
Under FDR’s watch, unemployment went from 24.9% to 1.9%
1. Strange Words are These ; FLITCH...
a. – to Pilfer as in shoplifting
b. – the round wheel in a cigarette lighter
c. - abdominal wall of a side of pork
d. - to extinguish a candle
2. By what nickname was hired cook Mary Mallon made "infamous" ?
3. What is the purpose of the diacritical mark in the word café ?
4. What word describes a unit of angular distance equal to a 60th of a
5. Which actor played the role of George M. Cohan in 'Yankee Doodle Dandy'?
6. to what country must I travel to sail on the Po ?
7. "I Hate Math" Dept;
How many numbers between 1 and 20 (inclusive) can be divided completely
(without any remainder) by either 2 or 3?
a. - 10
b. - 11
c. - 12
d. - 13
8. What T.V. series had the R in its title changed to a gun so that viewers
would not think it was about opera?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Although various Middle Eastern countries have a version of “Sesame Street”
the character resembling Oscar the Grouch is missing. He is considered a
bad influence on Muslim children.
1. - c
2. Typhoid Mary
3. The pronunciation of the 'e' changes.
5. James Cagney
7. - d
8. 'The Sopranos'
Oscar’s character is there, but he goes by different names.
On the Pakistani edition, he’s “Akhtar” and he lives in an oil drum. In
Turkey, he’s called “Kirpik” and he lives in a basket. There is no Oscar in
the Israeli version. Instead they have his cousin, “Moisha Oofnik” who
lives in an abandoned car.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi