April 8, 2024 Total Eclipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I did my research, I had several other pro photographers tell me that at the moment of totality, it is very hard to get a good exposure. They were right. I did all kinds of preparation, and a bunch of test shots as the eclipse went though it's stages. Then, totality happened, and I had to scramble to change my camera settings, and I had very limited time to do it. I sort of knew what was going to happen, but when it did happen, it was more extreme than I anticipated.

I need to get my shots into Photoshop, and see what I can do, but I don't think I'm going to be happy with what I got at that moment of totality. I've been a professional photographer since 1983, and have a $6,000 camera, but I still sometimes get caught off guard. I would say "I'll know better next time," but the next time a total solar eclipse happens in the US will be in 2044. I'll be 83, if I am still alive.

CD

Sorry to hear that CD. We just came in from the total eclipse and where I live it was one of the hot spots in Southern Ontario and the county has been jammed from the weekend. Got together with a few friends downtown with coffee and a DJ playing music. It was kinda anti climatic considering it was overcast and only caught a few glimpses but it got pretty dark and the town street lights came on, pretty cool being in that darkness at 3:20 in the afternoon. last eclipse for me was 1960 and i remember it well and I was 7.

Sorry to hear that CD. We just came in from the total eclipse and where I live it was one of the hot spots in Southern Ontario and the county has been jammed from the weekend. Got together with a few friends downtown with coffee and a DJ playing music. It was kinda anti climatic considering it was overcast and only caught a few glimpses but it got pretty dark and the town street lights came on, pretty cool being in that darkness at 3:20 in the afternoon. last eclipse for me was 1960 and i remember it well and I was 7.

Don't feel sorry for me. It was a great experience, even if I didn't get perfect pictures at the peak of it. There will be thousands of good pictures online, and I wasn't shooting for money today, just for fun, nd like I said, I had fun watching with my neighbors.

I am sorry that you didn't get a break in the clouds.

The last time I saw a solar eclipse, I was in Spain. I didn't go there for the eclipse, I just happened to be there on vacation. I got home, and the next week I was diagnosed with cancer. No, the eclipse didn't cause it. I just happened to be in Spain at the time of an eclipse, and just happened to get cancer. It's weird how life just happens.

CD

I tried to see it, but I chickened out. I have been really distracted and can't concentrate. I had a premonition / feeling that I might accidentally look at the sun without the eclipse glasses on, or with them on wrong.

I tried to see it, but I chickened out. I have been really distracted and can't concentrate. I had a premonition / feeling that I might accidentally look at the sun without the eclipse glasses on, or with them on wrong.

What were you worried about. Who needs special eye protection?

1712622650584.png

CD

I had to post this YouTube video. Neil Degrasse Tyson is hero of mine. He is an Astro Physicist who can take the most complicated concepts, and explain them is a way that anyone can grasp, and make boring things fascinating.

I already knew how eclipses happen, but in this video with Al Roker, he takes it up several notches.

If you are a NDT fan like I am, and a foodie (you obviously are if you are on this forum), you might enjoy this episode of Hot Ones with Sean Evans.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom