DID YOU KNOW...
The life span of giant pandas in the wild is approximately 20 years. Captive
pandas may live to be 25-30 years old.
1.What's the name of the title character in "The Barber of Seville"?
2. The Stasi were the notorious Secret Police of which country?
a.- Soviet Union
b. - East Germany
c. - Czechoslovakia
d. - Hungary
3. Where did the Athletics play baseball before moving to Oakland in 1968 ?
(Bonus; ...and where did they play before that ??)
4. We're virtually surrounded nowadays with CCTVs. What author originally
envisioned this happening?
a. - Isaac Asimov
b. - Jules Verne
c. - H.G. Wells
d. - George Orwell
5. American Eric Heiden won five Gold Medals 1980 in what sport?
6. Which of these is NOT one of the famous Baldwin brothers?
a. -James Baldwin
b. - Stephen Baldwin
c. Alec Baldwin
d. - William Baldwin
7. King Farouk I was the last ruling king of which country?
a. - Jordan
b. - Iraq
c. - Iran
d. - Egypt
8. In The 1975 song "Convoy" , What was the handle of the truck driver
leading the convoy in the song?
a. - Cotton Mouth
b. - Rubber Duck
c. - Pig Pen
d. - Cledus
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
A Sperm whale can dive to a maximum depth of a mile in search of it's
prey, mainly squid
2. - b
3. Kansas City (Philadelphia)
4. - d
5. Speed Skating
6. - a
7. - d
8. - b
Sperm whales can dive as deep as 2,250 meters (7,382 ft) into the water,
and their bodies have unique physiological adaptations to allow them to
survive the intense cold and crushing pressure of these dives. They can
limit circulation to the brain and other organs, slow the heart to 10 beats
per minute to conserve oxygen, and collapse the lungs and rib cage to
The Sperm whale is second only to the Cuvier's beaked whale, reported to
dive as deep as 2,992
meters (9,816 feet).
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi