Hello Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paige

Assistant Cook
I'm from N.C. Love to cook and love to eat also.

So glad to join this forum

Paige

Welcome paige!!!

Where are you in NC? That's where I am too!

Edited to say: Um, paige? We live in the same city. I know a "Paige" - does the number 242 mean anything to you or is this a different Paige.

Last edited:
Welcome paige - I grew up in Hickory, but now freezing in Ohio. How did this happen?:ermm: My dear long departed grandmother lived in Granite Falls. Wish I could duplicate her slaw dressing - basic I'm sure but none of my aunts could and they finally realized the full impact of her not being there. But welcome, please do share some good NC cooking!:chef:

Thank you for the welcome. Kitchenelf I live in the foothills ,at the botton of the Mts of Boone.

My Brother & my daughter live in Hickory,and one in Granite Falls.

Paige

My goodness Paige, you live right next to Heaven's Gates don't you! I haven't been back in a while but I imagine my grandmother's house still stands. It would be the big brick house up on the rise right in Granite Falls, overlooking what were the "mills" along the tracks if they are still there. The house became a funeral home. The mills, I don't recall what they became after closing. They used to make cotton thread there.

Nice to meet ya, when you go by that house give it a wave for me. In Hickory, the museum was the high school where my father was principal for 33 years. His three children graduated there.

Last edited:
Hi Paige,
glad you've become one of the group..WELCOME:)
kadesma

Thank you for the welcome. Kitchenelf I live in the foothills ,at the botton of the Mts of Boone.

My Brother & my daughter live in Hickory,and one in Granite Falls.

Paige

Got it - my DH is from Granite Falls and I, as you can surmise, live in Hickory. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom