CRAB: Question & ISO...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugsy27

Sous Chef
Hey all,

I just bought a 16oz. can of lump crabmeat (from costco = $9.00 :) ).

It says on the can "use immediately after opening". i luv crab (im from MD) but being a single guy...no way i can eat a pound i one sitting!!

what is the best way to store this crab meat after opening? can it be frozen? how long will it last in the fridge if i zip lock it? do any of you lovely ladies want to come watch the MLB homerun derby and eat this with me?? :ROFLMAO:

I am a HUGE fan of Legal Seafood's "cream of Crab Soup"...does anyone here have a recipie for it, or a similar one they would like to share??

T.I.A.!

You can freeze crabcakes but they're not quite as good the second time around, I'd have some friends over that like crab

Find a recipe for some crabcakes - make 4 big ones - make 2 meals out it - that's my suggestion. There are some crabcake recipes here and you can find a bunch on the net.

Or eat two crabcakes for one meal and if someone comes over :mrgreen: make two crabcake sandwiches.

:) Looks like you might hafto have some friend over to help eat it.Make them bring the beer or wineOr take some and make a hot crab dip and freeze it before cooking it for another time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom