Apricot-Pineapple Habanero Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
This sauce is great on pork chops and I bet just as good on some pork ribs. Try using some of this sauce as a dipping sauce at the table. My son just loved dipping his pork in the sauce for a little more kick.
Enjoy! Debbie

Thank you jennyema for the peppers!

Apricot Pineapple Habanero Sauce

img_505629_0_28052fc3840f6fa2c9dc000b48d9cd60.jpg

4 to 6 PORK CHOPS
1/3 cup(s) ONIONS; Chopped.
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1 tablespoon(s) OIL
1/2 cup(s) KETCHUP
1/2 cup(s) APRICOT - PINEAPPLE PRESERVES
1/4 cup(s) VINEGAR; Apple Cider.
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) STEAK SAUCE
1 teaspoon(s) CHILI POWDER
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon(s) CUMIN; Ground.
1 HABANERO PEPPER; Seeded And Finely Chopped.
_____

In a saucepan cook the onion and garlic in oil over medium to medium-low heat until onions are tender.
Stir in ketchup, apricot-pineapple preserves, vinegar, habanero pepper, steak sauce, cumin, and chili powder.
Bring just to boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Grill pork chops on BBQ or under a broiler until done.
About 5 minutes before removing pork chops from grill, spread some sauce on top of each pork chop.
Heat the remaining sauce and use as a dipping sauce.
_____

It sounds wonderful, except I'll have to substitute a jalapeno. I'm a big sissy when it comes to habaneros.
I used to sell a lot of the plants when I had the greenhouse, though. I even grew some. They're a very pretty plant in the garden. So are red chilis.

It sounds wonderful, except I'll have to substitute a jalapeno. I'm a big sissy when it comes to habaneros.
I used to sell a lot of the plants when I had the greenhouse, though. I even grew some. They're a very pretty plant in the garden. So are red chilis.

Thanks... The jalapeno will work just fine. My husband is a big sissy also and he enjoyed this. My son thought it could have used more habaneros. Debbie

Back
Top Bottom