Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Eggs, Cheese & Dairy (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Cooking with Butter (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f22/cooking-with-butter-23620.html)

PAULADEENTV 06-19-2006 12:02 PM

Cooking with Butter

Anyone know an entree that has A LOT of butter in it? I am looking for a great non-dessert recipe where butter is a main ingredient. I'm talking about 1/2lb - 1lb of butter.

Any suggestions?

mish 06-19-2006 12:17 PM

Hi Pauladeentv. Welcome to DC.

Read a few of your posts, hope you don't mind if I ask - are you looking for recipes for foodtv, Ms. Deen or for yourself? Are you here to recruit candidates for food tv cooking shows? In all honesty, I don't understand how foodtv would be looking for recipes on the internet, & isn't there a budget to advertise on radio/tv? You asked for a recipe for Twinkie Cake, I gotta tell ya, this seems odd that FoodTV would be looking for recipes here for a cook/chef. Pardon my skepticism, but again seems odd to me. Do you plan on giving monetary compensation to members submitting original recipes, paying air fare and hotel accomodations to be on the show? What about legal rights? Sorry - I have to question the posts, motivation and screen name. My best.

Please understand, I hold Ms Deen in the highest regard, her recipes, her shows, expertise and knowledge of cooking & I presume a staff - producer, etc. that looks after her interests as well as FoodTV's - so I am baffled as to why you are asking for recipes here, etc.

skilletlicker 06-19-2006 12:37 PM

I'm with mish

Quote:

Originally Posted by mish
Hi Pauladeentv. Welcome to DC.

Read a few of your posts, hope you don't mind if I ask - are you looking for recipes for foodtv, Ms. Deen or for yourself? Are you here to recruit candidates for food tv cooking shows? In all honesty, I don't understand how foodtv would be looking for recipes on the internet, & isn't there a budget to advertise on radio/tv? You asked for a recipe for Twinkie Cake, I gotta tell ya, this seems odd that FoodTV would be looking for recipes here for a cook/chef. Pardon my skepticism, but again seems odd to me. Do you plan on giving monetary compensation to members submitting original recipes, paying air fare and hotel accomodations to be on the show? What about legal rights? Sorry - I have to question the posts, motivation and screen name. My best.

I'm new to this forum so I exercised all the restraint I could muster not to say something during that flurry of posts a couple weeks ago including the Twinkies cake request. I was amazed the posts were taken seriously.

mish 06-19-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skilletlicker
I'm new to this forum so I exercised all the restraint I could muster not to say something during that flurry of posts a couple weeks ago including the Twinkies cake request. I was amazed the posts were taken seriously.

My feelings, precisely. The request for a Twinkie Cake recipe, solidified my questions re taking these posts seriously for Ms Deen, & requests for an entree using a pound of butter... you can pull my leg once, but that's all. Check out the twinkie site. I prefer the twinkie misu if you really want to clog up your arteries. Geeze, Louise.

Chef_Jimmy 06-19-2006 12:55 PM

I was also thinking the same thing and didn't say anything, these look very close to automatic computer generated posts, although i did check the web site and they really are looking for people to attend live tapings???? oh well at least the posts haven't gone over the top as far as the amount of them posted

mish 06-19-2006 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef_Jimmy
I was also thinking the same thing and didn't say anything, these look very close to automatic computer generated posts, although i did check the web site and they really are looking for people to attend live tapings???? oh well at least the posts haven't gone over the top as far as the amount of them posted

Thanks, CJ. I didn't check the website, but knew something screamed of advertising, or insincerity (sp); and, calling oneself pauladeentv.

GB 06-19-2006 01:16 PM

This actually is a real person making these posts and the administration has had conversations with her to make sure she is on the level.

mish 06-19-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB
This actually is a real person making these posts and the administration has had conversations with her to make sure she is on the level.

Thanks GB.

However, if you ask for a recipe and state Ms. Deen is looking for one, I can't take that seriously. When a request is posted for an entree with a pound of butter, I think we've been had.

skilletlicker 06-19-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB

I'm relieved to hear it is less likely to be a spam, or worse, a scam, but in my opinion, the posts reflect poorly on "Paula's Home Cooking", or any other of Ms. Deen's enterprises.

I hold Ms. Deen in only the highest regard.

GB 06-19-2006 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mish
Thanks GB.

However, if you ask for a recipe and state Ms. Deen is looking for one, I can't take that seriously. When a request is posted for an entree with a pound of butter, I think we've been had.

Oh I was only responding to the mention of automatic computer generated posts.

ironchef 06-19-2006 02:25 PM

Paula Deen asking US for a recipe that uses a lot of butter??? I feel like the world is going to end or something.

Next thing you know, Bobby Flay is going to post on here asking for help in recipes that use Ancho Chiles.

mish 06-19-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB
Oh I was only responding to the mention of automatic computer generated posts.

Thanks, GB. I knew right away what you meant, & I appreciate admins checking it out and all the hard work/effort put forth here to make it the best cooking site on the web. :smile:

Sabrine 06-19-2006 02:29 PM

Sounds weird. I never heard about a entree wich use that amount of butter :ohmy:

GB 06-19-2006 02:32 PM

The Administrators will discuss this a bit further and come up with a plan so that we can protect the site from anything that should not be here.

mish 06-19-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB
The Administrators will discuss this a bit further and come up with a plan so that we can protect the site from anything that should not be here.

GB, you're a gem.:smile:

IC, Cant wait to see a new member called BobbyflayTV asking for bbq/chile recipes:rofl:

BreezyCooking 06-19-2006 03:15 PM

Sorry, but I still feel this isn't kosher, so to speak. I have no intention of giving out any recipes to someone searching for "Paula Deen", who's recipes I don't even like on Food TV. There's something rotten in Denmark here, & I plan to be moot, even though I have TONS of recipes involving BUTTER - lol!! Eat your heart out Paula Deen.

mudbug 06-19-2006 03:43 PM

Just to echo mish's and the others' caution, I doubt that Paula needs our help!