Beer from Down Under

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
Working in the recreational diving industry and specializing in onboard systems for mega yachts has its benefits. We were gifted with some beer from Tasmania. James Boag's Premium Light. 10% by volume.

Working in the recreational diving industry and specializing in onboard systems for mega yachts has its benefits. We were gifted with some beer from Tasmania. James Boag's Premium Light. 10% by volume.

Be careful with that stuff.

Let us know what it was like when you have had some.

listen to taxy, 10% beer goes down like a regular beer while you're sitting at the bar. you suddenly notice the difference when you get up to donate some back.
one of my favourite high alcohol beer is double bag from the long trail brewery in vermont. deadly, tasty stuff.

as far as beers from oz, the only real aussie beer that i've tried was four x. good beer.

one of my favourite high alcohol beer is double bag from the long trail brewery in vermont. deadly, tasty stuff.

I'd love to give those a try....Our beer sales up here in Ontario are tightly controlled. Our liquor control board rarely carried a big selection in the smaller communities.....basically just the stuff that is owned by the larger beer companies. No microbrew stuff.

I love this 9% Tripel from Quebec called Fin Du Monde. It is a Belgian style ale. Really nice flavor. Grab yourself a 6 pack if you ever see it. http://www.unibroue.com/en/beers/la_fin_du_monde/product

Last edited:
Good post.

I enjoy a Mexican black ice cold beer with Mexican cuisine ... or guacamole ...

Once in awhile I like to utilise my sommelier license and play around sipping and tasting black beers from Germany or Belgium too ...

Margi.

Coriander seed or leaf? I am very fond of the seeds and detest the leaves. :huh:
Couldn't tell you, really. It's not a strong overpowering flavor, anyway. Have you ever tried Hoegaarden beer? It is very flavorful. La Fin Du Monde is a tripel, which means there is extra fermentation in the bottle so the ale is a bit cloudy. Not like your average North American beer at all.

Sorry for the Hi Jack, Craig. How was your James Boag?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom