Cannoli filling cake or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking4Fun

Senior Cook
I don't know if there is a polling tool here but was wondering what people thought. Personally not a fan of ricotta cheese or cheese in cake in general. Would anyone choose a cannoli filling cake over many other types of cake?

I'm not a fan of ricotta in general but love a well made cannoli. may enjoy a cannoli cream cake but I'm not sure how much I'd like it.

I used to raise dairy goats and made my own chevre, ricotta, and mozzarella cheeses. Just looked for my recipe for ricotta cheesecake and didn't find it. I know it was heavy on lemon oil and pure vanilla. I also love cannoli, but do not like the local favorite cake here, Tres Leches cake, three milks cake. I would vote for experimenting with ricotta cheese, lemon oil and vanilla.

Mascarpone cheese, to me, is wonderfully sweet. But it is a toss-up between that and English Cream Custard. Both are yummy.
Or do you mean cake type cakes? I don't consider cannoli a cake but a pastry.

(another post not posted - how many does that make?)

IMO it depends on the individual baker’s interpretation.

This version from the folks at Land O Lakes is lighter than the ones that I grew up with.

If you don’t want to tackle a jelly roll you can cut the cake in equal parts and make a layer cake.

You can fold stabilized whipped cream/topping into the traditional ricotta cream cannoli filling. The lighter filling makes an easy dessert by itself with a few fresh berries and a. crisp cookie. 🐷🐷🐷

I am, this morning, more edumacated. There seems to be a name for every country and many cities of a lowly jelly roll. I had no idea. Each is slightly different and all are giving me eyes that say take me home, I'd love to clive (cling+live) around your waist.
One day, should I ever have a kitchen again, sheet pan cakes are on my bucket list.

Back
Top Bottom