Club soda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vinylhanger

Sous Chef
I usually do club soda and cranberry juice as my evening hydration. Usually I get Safeway club soda. Just carbonated water and sodium citrate.

Recently, I picked up some Shasta club soda. Jeez. What a mess. I wondered why it made my stomach feel like it was going to explode. It has baking soda in it, sodium bicarbonate as well as Potassium carbonate. Plus salt.

Why on earth would they put those in there. Any real need for it?

Of course, they also put sucralose in their regular sodas, so I suppose it shouldn't surprise me.

I have no idea why they put that stuff. It seems silly, but I always read the ingredient list on club soda. Club soda is my preferred fizzy soft drink.

jennyema, is your post in reply to my acid reflux comment?
My problem has nothing to do with chemical/mineral/whatevers content of the liquid. It is the bubbles that push up my throat. Perhaps some of the chemical content could help affect in a detrimental way but the most action is from the air/gas bubbles.

jennyema, is your post in reply to my acid reflux comment?
My problem has nothing to do with chemical/mineral/whatevers content of the liquid. It is the bubbles that push up my throat. Perhaps some of the chemical content could help affect in a detrimental way but the most action is from the air/gas bubbles.
No, it’s a response to the OP. Club soda is supposed to have “stuff” in it.

I hear you about the bubbles. From the thing I posted, above, it suggests that carbonating water makes it more acidic, thus the reflux.

Spindrift and Polar fuzzies don’t give me acid reflux, although almost everything I eat does. They give me gas. But, still, I persist.

Sorry if I confused things 😀

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom