DC Contest - Suggestions, Ideas and Chat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love to do this, but I don't have much experience with creating recipes. Nothing exciting anyway. :cool: I will definitely be watching to see who wins, and I would like to be a judge (although, I like the poll idea too).

:)Barbara

I like the poll idea too. That way, everyone gets to be a judge. Just be honest and fair in your polling. That way, we can figure out the best recies for chocolate:mrgreen::w00t2:. Also, I still believe that the contestants need to have their pictures, recipes, techniques, and self evaluations displayed with their entries. And everything has to be posted by Feb. 12th.

Now, who knows how to make a poll? And at what date will the poll be tabulated to show the winner? Can the poll be made into a matrices, or table, like in an Excell Spreadsheet format?

Lastly, be thinking about the next theme, be it a style of cooking, or an ingredient.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
I'm in with a timeframe (so you don't need to make everything bang bang bang) and a different ingredient. I'm one of the few humans who hate chocolate.

I would suggest you let the poll run for a week after the deadline, though since that would be a Saturday I would close the voting on Monday. Polls can be set to autoclose.

If you want to start a new thread for the actual contest I can add the poll on the selected date so voting doesn't start early.

Polls are easy GW. Why don't you try a practice one? When you start a thread, it gives you the option of doing a poll down below and guides you through it step-by-step. At least it did the last time I did a poll--I doubt they have changed it.

:)Barbara

So who is competing besides Kathleen and me? I have my recipes already and have talked a good friend, who happens to be a photographer to come over and I will cook, she will shoot and we will both eat! Sounds like a win/win situation!

I am out my work load is to high. We are at the end of this project and trying to get it wrapped up.

I was going to go by these rules, and I'm planning to have my bf be my official taster (and myself of course) to help me figure out how many points each dish deserves. I'm planning to just have everything put together and ready to submit all at once, on the 12th. You wouldn't want to submit things early, after all, because that leaves people open to cheating! (Not that anyone would do that ;) )

I tried making a poll with the above cooking and judging rules, but it didn't show up. I must have done something wrong. If anyone wants to take a shot at turning this into a poll, this would be a good time to do it.

I agree with the idea that a poll would allow everyone to judge the submissions and would show the results according to popular opinion.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I think the only real way to do this is to have a poll for each criteria and our four names as the items. It should be a private poll so that no one can see how others voted. Also, each of us should have our own thread with our pictures, critiques, etc.

To tie this all together each thread should be like named. "Golden Chef" - Taste, Golden Chef - Kathleen A...well you get the idea.

If you like this, I don't think I should be the one to set it up. GW, you can ask any of the admins or mods or members who are familiar with polls.

It doesn't have to be done this way, but wanted to throw this out there.

I am really excited for you two! And Skittle as well. I did some thinking and discussion with DH last night and I think it is my best interest to sit this one out. I have offered to Goodweed to do all the technical stuff for the polls and presentation of your meals. I haven't heard back yet.

I really wanted to be part of this, but maybe next time!

I am really excited for you two! And Skittle as well. I did some thinking and discussion with DH last night and I think it is my best interest to sit this one out. I have offered to Goodweed to do all the technical stuff for the polls and presentation of your meals. I haven't heard back yet.

Oh boo!!!! I'm disappointed, but know you had good reasons. Promise you will join in next time.

~Kathleen

Wow... bummer Laurie. You seemed really into it.
I was looking forward to your photragapher's pics.

I've been busy with a personal project of late. That's why I haven't gotten back to you. If you want to make the poll, I'd be delighted. I tried to make one before you offered, but it didn't post for some reason. I obviously did something wrong. And things aren't going to get less busy around here for a few days. So as I said, I would be thrilled to have you help. And, I like your ideas.

Seeeya; Goodweed of the North

Okay, folks, I have gone from contestant to technician. I will let you know how it will be set up in the next day or two. Please do not post anything regarding your menus, etc. before I contact you. You don't want to give your competitors an advantage. This will be fun!!!!

Okay, folks, I have gone from contestant to technician. I will let you know how it will be set up in the next day or two. Please do not post anything regarding your menus, etc. before I contact you. You don't want to give your competitors an advantage. This will be fun!!!!
Lp; My post, the one I put together before you made the offer to help has suddenly shown up as a poll. Go ahead and massage it. I liked your ideas.:)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I thought they closed on the 15th, 9 pm PST.

Yes, inquiring minds do want to know, GW. I am looking forward to being part of the next Challenge. Hmmmm, how about cake for the secret ingredient.....?:angel:

You are right, it is the 15th. I've been getting my days and dates confused lately. :ermm:

Wow?!? Thanks everyone! Your entries looked great too betterthan!!

I agree with GW, we're all winners.

Mushrooms huh? Could be interesting. :ermm:

Hey Dave,

Congratulations. As a prize you get to make the meal for all the DC members, cryovac and ship it.

Just PM your address to Dave and he will be happy to make this happen. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom