E-Reader Cookbooks for Kindle and Nook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was reading this one last night:

Cook the Part: Karin Eastham, Traci O'Very Covey, Cari Lightfoot Pike: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

I so wish I had enough friends to invite (and space) to do this. I think this would be a great idea for a community ed course, but instead of eating, the class participants would take the food home--kind of like a cooking class for grown ups. Did anyone else grab this when it came around? Thoughts?

That does sound like fun! I'm on cookbook hiatus right now...even freebies. Have to get my diet under control without reading about all the food I can't have.:)

That does sound like fun! I'm on cookbook hiatus right now...even freebies. Have to get my diet under control without reading about all the food I can't have.:)
I've been thinking about your diet, PF (eating lifestyle changes). Are you going to share the changes you are making with us?

I've been thinking about your diet, PF (eating lifestyle changes). Are you going to share the changes you are making with us?

Actually, I owe it all to you and your diet. Adding beans, whole grains. Not trying to be a copycat...your diet sounds like it can be the best of both Diabetic and heart worlds for me. Thanks! Also shooting for 12oo calories a day, so portion control will also be big.

Actually, I owe it all to you and your diet. Adding beans, whole grains. Not trying to be a copycat...your diet sounds like it can be the best of both Diabetic and heart worlds for me. Thanks! Also shooting for 12oo calories a day, so portion control will also be big.
Wow--I'm humbled. Don't forget LOTs of veggies. I eat a lot of greens--2x as many greens on the plate as protein or grains. Remember, I don't eat a lot of bread or pasta. Good to know it is heart and diabetic diet friendly. I'll be trying to get my dad to join me for breakfast next time I venture west...I also don't eat pre-packaged foods. And, as much as I love cheese, I've been restricting that (okay, the turkey casserole was WAY over the top for cheese, etc., but that is not how I eat every day). If you load up on the right balance of protein-fat-greens-grains at breakfast, you will not be hungry until you are ready for lunch. Good luck!!!

I have scads of spinach in the freezer, my favorite green. Most of my problem comes for deciding what to have for breakfast. I absolutely HATE eating first thing in the morning, so I have to preplan my mornings and it can't involve more than microwave cooking in the morning...as in heating up. So I think greek yogurt and hot cereal in the mornings is my best bet and then my main meal at lunch, the one with beans and veggies.

I have scads of spinach in the freezer, my favorite green. Most of my problem comes for deciding what to have for breakfast. I absolutely HATE eating first thing in the morning, so I have to preplan my mornings and it can't involve more than microwave cooking in the morning...as in heating up. So I think greek yogurt and hot cereal in the mornings is my best bet and then my main meal at lunch, the one with beans and veggies.
I was also a "I don't want to eat yet" person in the mornings. I forced myself to eat breakfast. But, I made the grains the night before, so all I had to do was heat those in the microwave, steam my greens, and poach the eggs (again, the microwave). I've got it so I can have breakfast ready in 3 minutes, especially if I go with hb eggs instead of poached. If I don't have grains I did the night before, I make oatmeal or grits for the grain.

I really need more planning time, I make all my hot cereal a week ahead, so I don't have to think in the morning. B y the time I am ready to eat, it's time to leave for work. There is no getting up earlier, I already get up 2 hours before I have to be at work. Seriously, I am not "awake" for at least an hour and I need that time just to get into the shower...I'm not a real person when I wake up in the morning.

Do you still drink coffee? I quit coffee 5 years ago. I pop out of bed in the morning now that I don't suffer from a caffeine hangover. It used to take me 2 hours to feel as if my brain were engaged in the morning before I quit coffee. Now, I can shower (I have the microwave working on breakfast while I'm in the shower), dress, eat, feed the dogs, let the dogs in and out, feed and water the chickens and check my email and be out the door 45 minutes after I get up.

I only drink one cup a day...and it's low caffiene, I drink only water for the rest of the day. I don't get headaches anymore if I don't have caffiene. I have never woken up nice, ever since I was little. I'm sure I will be fine with just yogurt and oatmeal for my breakfasts and a glass of low sodium V-8 juice. I'm allowed 300 calories for breakfast.

Yep, I grabbed the veg lunch cookbook and the easy breakfasts. I will likely be eating more breakfast for my evening meals since then I can enjoy them.

I grabbed this one:

French Chocolate Desserts and Delicacies : A Chocolate Cookbook: Dr. James Dahlin, Eric Dahlin: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

And since it is soup weather:

35 Slow Cooker Soups & Stews: Recipes To Warm You Up!: Jean Pardue: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Paleo Cookbook. 17 Day Diet. Paleo Diet Cookbook Recipes. Full Menus, for a 17 day diet Cycle.: Patricia Maria, Laurent Martin: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

If you missed this one in August, it is back:

Beyond Brisket: Modern Kosher Cooking: Chris-Rachael Oseland: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

If you missed this one in November, you can grab it now:

35 Easy Weeknight Dinners - Simple and Easy Chicken Recipes For Weeknights (Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes - The Easy Weeknight Dinners Collection): Pamela Kazmierczak: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

This was offered in June. It has some lovely hummus combinations:

A Love Affair With Hummus: Classic and Delicious Hummus Recipes (Love Affair With Food): Rachel Lane: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

In the mood for something Italian but don't want to cook? Here's one for crockpot recipes:

35 Italian Recipes For Your Slow Cooker - Fabulous Italian Meals and Italian Cuisine (The Slow Cooker Meals And Crock Pot Recipes Collection): Pamela Kazmierczak: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

This one is on sale:

The Big Book of Soups and Stews: 262 Recipes for Serious Comfort Food: Maryana Vollstedt: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Looking for a new way to prepare lasagna?

LA BELLA LASAGNA - Variety of recipes for lasagna: Rachael T.: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

There are some good ones tonight. Hurry to Amazon to grab your free Kindle copy (if you don't have a Kindle, you can read them on your computer using a free app--available at Amazon as well).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom