First meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny, I don't remember. I do remember the first meal I cooked for my future (and now) husband -- duck with an avocado and shrimp appetizer, long grain and wild rice.

Oh, you got my little gray cells working. We were married on the beach in Hawaii. Walked up to a cabin we'd rented and made Portuguese sausage omelets!

All I remember is trying to make eggs over easy. It took a long time before I was able to get two of them over without breaking at least one.

We were poor students. We used to eat a lot of sausage that a friend's family made. I do remember the first Easter dinner I made for his family--turkey with the works.

I had made pork chops for the kids. We were still dating and the next morning he was going back out fishiing for 2-4 weeks. I used to cut up all the meat for the kids and divided it between all the dishes. I put all the bones on a plate in the middle of the table for the kids to pick on if they wanted to. I forgot to keep aside a couple of whole pork chips for him. When I called everyone to the table, he sat down and saw his meat all cut up into tiny pieces. All he said was, "you can trust me with a knife." :ohmy:

Buon Giorno,

Good question.

It was surely Italian; as the Vet is 100% Italian from Milano and I am 50% Italian, via my father and my Grandmom Margherite, who immigrated to Manhattan in 1921.

We had lived together long before we actually went to legally tie the bond ... We were due with my first daughter Naia ... and thus, we decided to tie the legal bond.

I may stand to be corrected, however, my best, from the lessons with my Grandmom Margherite, and thus, Bolognese Ragù and Pappardelle or Tagliatelli ... with Pecorino Sardo ...

I shall ask him when he comes home this evening.

Ciao, Kind regards.
Margi.

Last edited:
Both of my first two boys learned to cook from their father who was a professional cook. Son #2 likes to show off when he is here. He gets something into the frying pan and just loves to flip the food in the pan. He can do fried eggs without even breaking the yolks. I have seen him flip a fritatta in my 12 inch pan that has a helper handle. I need four hands just to lift the dang thing. :rolleyes:

What was the first meal you cooked after your marriage?:chef:
How about before my marriage? I don't remember the first meal after we were married, but the first meal I ever cooked for my then wife-to-be was a fancy mac & cheese with crayfish tails and gruyere cheese.

It must have been alright because she then asked if I would also be making breakfast in the morning. ;)

Back
Top Bottom