Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see him too! great picture, dragnlaw. I love Montreal, haven't been there for years.

Ours was a very quiet Thanksgiving but nice.

Thank you. Here is the scenery near my place...
ERg2DSD.jpg

OMG, that is gorgeous. I need to live in that part of the world!

Was coming home from shopping (yeah, even with pneumonia - gotta be done) and had to stop for my visiting daughter to take pictures of the trees. She's in from Edmondton, Alberta. The trees there go yellow and orange but never get that red colour. Think Rock's pic is amazing - our trees have not quite reached that intense pitch yet.

Here are a few pictures from the west coast.
DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

WhiteRock2.jpg
These are from White Rock beach, known for sandy beaches that go on forever at low tide. People draw in the sand or build castles and then wait for the tide to make a clean slate again.

DSC_0006.jpg
This is Steveston (where Once Upon A Time is filmed. We love it there as well because they have an offleash park for Violet. That is the mouth of the Fraser River so the water is fast-moving as it reaches the Pacific Ocean

backyardOct20.jpg

The view out my back door.

20131220_115815.jpg

Creekside in my complex on a very rare snowy day last winter. It is so beautiful here every season.

There is a lot to be thankful for here!

LPB - is that the beach where they hold those fantastic sand building/carving contests? I saw some pics of those once and they are amazingly intricate!

By the way... saw this guy sneaking across my backyard...

img_1483588_0_2401f951fee88af9557c0a1e4edeedaa.jpg

Hey dragn,
They used to hold the sandcastle competitions there but moved them onto Vancouver Island several years ago to a place called Qualicum Beach. But people still go down to White Rock and create works of art. My friend's niece went down awhile back (at 8 months pregnant) and did a huge beautiful flower "drawing" with some tools in the wet sand. If I can find the video I will share it with you. It was gorgeous!

And I think that's the turkey that got away from me LOL! We settled for steak this year!

Back
Top Bottom