Heating the pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well for one cast iron has a tendency to do this. cast iron maybe strong but also can be brittle. also enamel pans also can cause coatings to crack. its not the high heat that does it its the heat on a dry pan always should at least put a little olive oil or even butter in there first.

Huh? I have heated dry cast iron in the oven to 500+°F with no issues, as well as my LeCreuset dutch ovens on a stovetop to sear meat. I have never seen the cracking issues you describe.

Huh? I have heated dry cast iron in the oven to 500+°F with no issues, as well as my LeCreuset dutch ovens on a stovetop to sear meat. I have never seen the cracking issues you describe.

well many people can also say they same about defrosting meat. allowing meat to reach temperatures in the danger zone doesn't mean you will defiantly get food poisoning but just cause it hasn't happened doesn't mean it wont or it cant. this is no different not saying it will happen every time but that it can happen and has been known to happen. personally i spend a lot of money on my kitchen equipment as i buy the very best i just don't like to take the chance knowing that it can happen.

:LOL:
well many people can also say they same about defrosting meat. allowing meat to reach temperatures in the danger zone doesn't mean you will defiantly get food poisoning but just cause it hasn't happened doesn't mean it wont or it cant. this is no different not saying it will happen every time but that it can happen and has been known to happen. personally i spend a lot of money on my kitchen equipment as i buy the very best i just don't like to take the chance knowing that it can happen.

:LOL:

i do it at the same time. if it's possible, but there is no difference, what is important is that oil is hot when you add food.

Back
Top Bottom