I just can't wrap my head around this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like this for kids:

image-474623826.jpg

Last edited:
This is good for all of us to remember Dawg. There are many more good people in the world than evil ones and it does help to think about all the "good" people helping.

There were two soldiers who had just crossed the finish line when the first explosion went off. They both ran over to help the injured. Then once the EMS folks got to them, they ran all the way to Mass General Hospital to donate blood. :angel:

Does Andy M. Live in Boston or somewhere else in Massachusetts? Is everybody accounted for on DC?

The explosions happened in the ritzy part of Boston. So you can be assured that no members of DC live in that area. Mostly high end businesses and tall condo buildings that are priced closed to $1M. It is also the insurance center in the city. Lots of hair salons for the rich and famous along with very expensive botiques. Small little cafe type restaurants where they have tables outside and their menues are in French. The Kennedys frequent the stores in that area when they are in town. Lots of art galleries. Old victorian buildings that have been branded as an historic building. There are also several five star hotels in that area. Including one of the Ritz hotels. Rooms start at $500 a night. :angel:

This is good for all of us to remember Dawg. There are many more good people in the world than evil ones and it does help to think about all the "good" people helping.

So, so true. It only takes one or two people to do this sort of evil. But just watch how many people ran towards the smoke and screams of terror rather then away. Not just people whose "job" it was to assist. But all those others who where just at the wrong place at the right time and helped those who needed it. God willing, I hope I would do the same.

So, so true. It only takes one or two people to do this sort of evil. But just watch how many people ran towards the smoke and screams of terror rather then away. Not just people whose "job" it was to assist. But all those others who where just at the wrong place at the right time and helped those who needed it. God willing, I hope I would do the same.

A lot of the folks who were standing across the street from the explosions ran across to help the wounded and injured. They were trying to apply pressure to those with the worst wounds and injuries. :angel:

Besides the victims, families, EMS workers (firefighters, paramedics, police, and other agency workers), spectators who witnessed this, and the citizens of Boston, I am thinking of the ED docs, nurses, and other healthcare professionals at the hospitals in Boston. One of the ED docs is part of the organization with which I have been working since 2011. When I see her next week, I'm going to give her a big hug.

Sad news.....

The little boy that died was a neighbor of mine. His dad had run and just finishef and the boy was rushing to greet him when it went off. His mother lost an eye and has a bad brain injury. His little sister lost her leg. Dad hit by shrapnel.

Sad news.....

The little boy that died was a neighbor of mine. His dad had run and just finishef and the boy was rushing to greet him when it went off. His mother lost an eye and has a bad brain injury. His little sister lost her leg. Dad hit by shrapnel.

:(:( Jenny, it really hits home when you personally know some of the victims. This poor family. One of the reporters said that as they were helping the worst victims, they were picking up the lost limbs along with the victims. Good Good, how gruesome. I need to call my son and find out if he worked yesterday at BMC. My heart goes out to you and your neighbors Jenny. :angel:

Sad news.....

I'm so sorry to hear that, Jenny. My heart goes out to you and the family.

Sad news.....

So sorry...I only have tears, no other words.

My cousin was a mile from the blast in the stands. Watching her boyfriend run. Thank G-d she is fine. Scary, scary world we are living in. This of course brings to mind Israel, where people live under constant threat of violence like this 24/7. Israel has become a training ground for the terrorist of all kinds. Something that I have been saying for years. Unfortunatelly there are people all over the world who think Israel deserves it. Guess what, Boston is an example of how people do not deserve it, but still suffer. Terrorist, I do not care if they are local school boy that were bullied because they could not run fast, those would still be terrorist if they blow up a bomb. Or foreigners, they have to be dealt with in the harshest way the law is allowed to deal.

Sad news.....

Tears are just rolling down my face, I have no words. Only pain. :mad:

My cousin was a mile from the blast in the stands. Watching her boyfriend run. Thank G-d she is fine. Scary, scary world we are living in. This of course brings to mind Israel, where people live under constant threat of violence like this 24/7. Israel has become a training ground for the terrorist of all kinds. Something that I have been saying for years. Unfortunatelly there are people all over the world who think Israel deserves it. Guess what, Boston is an example of how people do not deserve it, but still suffer. Terrorist, I do not care if they are local school boy that were bullied because they could not run fast, those would still be terrorist if they blow up a bomb. Or foreigners, they have to be dealt with in the harshest way the law is allowed to deal.

I have a mean side to me. I sincerely hope that one of the injured who lost both legs was the person who left the bomb there and couldn't get out of the way in time. :angel:

Sad news.....

jenny, I'll pray for your neighbors as they go through this difficult time. Heck, for the entire neighborhood. Just line 9/11, an event like this touches everyone. You start go play "Six Degrees of Separation" and realize just how close you are to someone involved. We're lucky in that no one we know directly (or even a friend of a friend) was there and/or hurt. Our old neighbor is a runner and dreams of running Boston someday. His goal is to run a marathon in every state. Since he's finished about 30 races I knew he wouldn't be here since he's saving Boston for #50. (I believe he said he'd have to age-out of needing a qualifying time before he could run it.) I wish everyone was as safe as Al today...

Addie, how you holding up. Hope you were able to get some sleep last night. I know if I lived in Boston I'd have slept with one eye open.

Watching the news now and they're mentioning how we're at the 24 hour mark since the blasts. Seems like just a minute ago and also a lifetime.

Addie, how you holding up. Hope you were able to get some sleep last night. I know if I lived in Boston I'd have slept with one eye open.

Watching the news now and they're mentioning how we're at the 24 hour mark since the blasts. Seems like just a minute ago and also a lifetime.

My stomach has been in a knot. After watching the bomb dogs going through all the luggage from the airplane this morning, I have the same feeling that I had on 9/11. I got dressed this morning, hopped on my scooter and ran an errand that took me almost an hour. I was so nervous being out and in the proximity of the airport. On the way home I stopped at the beach and looked over at the runway. Usually at that hour the planes are lined up for takeoff. There wasn't one plane waiting. That is so eerie. I usually take the back streets that run parallel to the beach and airport. It is a pretty ride. Not today. I took the quickest route that got me there and back as fast as I could go. :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom