Infused Alcohol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshatdot

Senior Cook
Last summer a friend of mine gave me a drink of Cinnamon infused Spiced Rum .. and MAN WAS IT DELISH!

I don't know what brand of spiced rum it was, but I decided to make some myself. I got some cheep rum, some Virgin Island Rum was like $11 USD for a 750ml, some Old Crow Bourbon, and a 5 stick package of Cinnamon sticks. I put 2 1/2 sticks in each.

It's been almost 3 weeks, and I figure I'd try alil bit every month to see how they turn out. I didn't take any before pics, but I swear the rum & bourbon has darkened some.

Last summer a friend of mine gave me a drink of Cinnamon infused Spiced Rum .. and MAN WAS IT DELISH!

I don't know what brand of spiced rum it was, but I decided to make some myself. I got some cheep rum, some Virgin Island Rum was like $11 USD for a 750ml, some Old Crow Bourbon, and a 5 stick package of Cinnamon sticks. I put 2 1/2 sticks in each.

It's been almost 3 weeks, and I figure I'd try alil bit every month to see how they turn out. I didn't take any before pics, but I swear the rum & bourbon has darkened some.
Let us know how it turns out.
I'd like to try it but the cheapest rum you can buy here - and the sneaky beggars have reduced the size to 700ml - is around $30 a bottle.

Had some of the Rum, not quite as infused as my friends, but it tasted darn good.

Dang $30 a bottle of the cheepest Rum?

yes Josh... $32 actually.... We have this ghastly government that thinks that taxing the good things in life is a great way of revenue raising

I do this with vodka. Peppercorns(pink), orange zest, and some rosemary. Sit it in a closet for a couple of months, makes for some great fun martinis in the cooler months.

I tried it with Tequila, cinnamon and raisins, and it got gross. Hope yu have better luck.

I can buy delicious flvored rum; theyhave coconut, mango, and I think pineapple.

tequila + cinnamon + raisins???:huh:

I know you can buy flavored stuffs, but it's more fun to make your own. Sure you can go buy a Ribeye Steak at Chris-Ruths...but you can grill your own at home!

Last weekend, there was a HUGE turnout at my friends River Tubing Adventure. I figure this would be a good place to share my infused concoction. The Old Crow was pretty good, everyone liked it .. but unfortunately the Rum bottle broke in the Cooler, and no one got to try it (including me)

Next time I am going to buy Plastic bottled alcohol!

We make our own alcoholic infusions, but patience is needed because herbs, spices and certain fruits macerating in alcohol need time to mature. But be warned, some of these homemade liquours can be lethal, unless sipped only in small glasses.

Port Royal or Silver Seal 15 year old demerara rums are great for infusing with spices. But it’s when Uitvlugt is used that life takes on a haze of its own. ;)

I tried it with Tequila, cinnamon and raisins, and it got gross. Hope yu have better luck.

I can buy delicious flvored rum; theyhave coconut, mango, and I think pineapple.

I did tequila (cheap, I won't use good tequila for anything but sipping) and sun dried tomatoes. It was very nice. It took a long time though.

I did tequila (cheap, I won't use good tequila for anything but sipping) and sun dried tomatoes. It was very nice. It took a long time though.
Now that is a seriously intriguing combination. I will have to try this! Not with my Casa Nobel Anejo though.

I make cherry bounce--I have a sour cherry tree. I fill a half gallon jar about half full of cherries (washed, but not pitted), add a cup of sugar, and fill the jug with bourbon. Put it somewhere dark for 4 months, then strain and bottle. Makes the BEST grownup pink lemonade.

Now that is a seriously intriguing combination. I will have to try this! Not with my Casa Nobel Anejo though.

Definitely NOT! Do some cheap silver. It was nice. Not fabulous but nice.
If you are a purist (and I know you are!) try sipping a tumbler of the good stuff while snacking on grape tomatoes.

I make cherry bounce--I have a sour cherry tree. I fill a half gallon jar about half full of cherries (washed, but not pitted), add a cup of sugar, and fill the jug with bourbon. Put it somewhere dark for 4 months, then strain and bottle. Makes the BEST grownup pink lemonade.

CHERRY BOUNCE!!!! I gots to get some NOW!!

I make a wonderful blackberry cordial... berries, 100 proof vodka, sugar and lots of time! It's soooo good!!!

I've also made blueberry/huckleberry! Good but not as good as the blackberry.

I'll have to have a few shots tonight. YUMMY!

I've been thinking of doing this again .. but different! I am going to get some Vodka, Spiced Rum, and maybe Bourbon .. and infusing them with RED HOTS or HOT TAMALES

I tried some cheep Spiced Rum with Red Hots .. I used WAY TOO MUCH!! (100g of Red Hots to 750ml bottle) It came out like liquid Red Hots with not much rum flavor. Kinda like cinnamon Cold/Cough Syrup.

I tried some cheep Spiced Rum with Red Hots .. I used WAY TOO MUCH!! (100g of Red Hots to 750ml bottle) It came out like liquid Red Hots with not much rum flavor. Kinda like cinnamon Cold/Cough Syrup.

Yeah, the sugar from the candy probably made it syrupy.

I want to try making a pink peppercorn or possibly a habanero vodka.

A few days ago I dropped about 1/2 oz of cinnamon sticks in Captain Morgans .. and for something different I also did the same in Old Crow. I can't wait to try them out this summer.

dsc6777w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom