Jade Red Chicken Rec. from Chino Bandido in AZ.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbarainnc

Senior Cook
I checked their menu, both Jade Red Chicken and Pollo Diablo are listed. On the DDD, Guy's Show on Food Network she demonstrated the Jade Red Chicken. She posted the Pollo Diablo recipe on the site. How she cooked the chicken is the same for both recipes, but the sauce is different. All I know she used tomato sauce or ketchup and sugar, with some other things to make the Jade Red Sauce. If anyone watched and knows how to make the sauce let me know. Thanks This was shown yesterday at 3:00 pm, anybody watch?? Thanks for your help!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry no idea, have you checked the Food Network website to see if it is posted up there? Unless they want to keep it a secret, they usually post recipes from shows on the web site for you to review.

Definitely check out The Food Network's website. They very well might have the recipe listed, although I've found that "Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives" isn't the same as the regular cooking shows. As Maverick inferred, it depends on whether the restaurant wants to give the exact recipe out to the public or not.

For the glaze:

1 T sesame oil
1/2 C red chili oil
1/2 C catsup
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1/2-1 C powdered sugar
1/4 C green onions chopped.

In a sauce pan on medium heat, add the ingredients an the order listed and reduce.

it works

For the glaze:

1 T sesame oil
1/2 C red chili oil
1/2 C catsup
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1/2-1 C powdered sugar
1/4 C green onions chopped.

In a sauce pan on medium heat, add the ingredients an the order listed and reduce.

I saw the episode and have the same recipe. the real essence is the equal parts oil, catsup/ketchup (or even phillipino tomato sauce), and powdered sugar. using 2x as much sugar makes it way too sweet. You're basically frying the ketchup and sugar. i did a version with minced ginger, some garlic powder, and i even used peanut oil. i think the sesame oil is an important factor though. enjoy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom