Last day of June, Tuesday 30th, what's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
It is almost 90*F here so will make a cold chicken salad for dinner. From the garden; red onion, pea pods, lettuce, parsley, garlic and basil, with canned chicken and mayo and a chopped tomato from the farmers market.

What are you fixing?

Well, since it's a mini heatwave here in UK, minimal cooking! Just pan frying some sea bass fillets with cherry tomatoes to have in multigrain rolls with watercress.

I have been fiddling with fixing a recipe I test drove last week (honey chipotle steak with roasted red pepper salsa and roasted potatoes with lime and chipotle). There wasn't enough on the plate. I settled on roasted broccoli (tossed with the glaze used on the steak) because it could be roasted at the same time as the pepper. I'm a lousy photographer (smartphone idiot user), but it works! I saved the pepper "butts" and diced those to add to the broccoli and added a bit of finely sliced green onion (white part only), a bit of glaze on the plate.

It is amazing I don't weigh 400 lb with all the food I have to taste test and test drive.

Attachments

• honey_chipolte_steak.jpg
    honey_chipolte_steak.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Middle Eastern Bake. This was yummy, Mrs Wyshiepoo liked despite her not liking lamb or aubergine (eggplant)

Finished it off with a slice of Barm Brack.

Ooo, Wyshie, I bet that bread is good toasted. :yum:

We have a nice collection of leftovers. I'll make salad first, and then we'll graze until full. Can't graze until the leftovers are gone because, well, I cook for an army!

June 30th, beth? Cannot believe this year is half-over...

Wyshie, your casserole looks and sounds wonderful - and I would love a slice of that rich looking dark bread, with butter. :yum:

Hot here today, too - 107F the last time I checked. :ohmy: I've been craving cheese enchiladas and refried beans, so that's what I'm going to have. It's not like I have to slave over a hot stove, I'm using TJ's bottled enchilada sauce :yum: and I just shredded cheese and chopped the onion and olives, so most of it's ready to throw in a small casserole dish to warm up.

Mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.

Ooo, Wyshie, I bet that bread is good toasted. :yum:

We have a nice collection of leftovers. I'll make salad first, and then we'll graze until full. Can't graze until the leftovers are gone because, well, I cook for an army!

June 30th, beth? Cannot believe this year is half-over...

Speaking of time flying.......Thursday is our one year wedding anniversary:ohmy::blink::)

Happy Anniversary, in advance, Beth.

We were going to grill some burgers, but it started to rain. I was going to make fettuccine Alfredo, but there was no fettuccine, so I made fusilli Alfredo.

Back
Top Bottom