Manic Monday 12/12/22 Official Dinner Thread ©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
DH isn't feeling well, at all!
Fever, chills, body aches - poor dear.
So I made a nice big ole' pot of homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, his favorite soup in the whole wide world.
IMG_2360.JPG

I've got plenty to last a few days, since his appetite is poor.
It'll keep.
Can ya see all the schmaltz in that broth?
:yum:

What'cha makin' ???

Oh, no! Hope hubby is better, very, very soon!

I pulled some chicken from the freezer. It is a package of chicken made for enchiladas or chimichangas...when I didn't want the full batch, last time? So, enchiladas tonight! Along with some LO Mexican Rice...chips, salsa, ta-da!

My DH had a surveillance doctor's appointment earlier today. Doc has some concerns. :poop:

Nothing makes a sick person feel better than chicken soup! I hope he recovers soon, and that your batch of soup holds out for the duration of his illness
Ginny, let us know what the doctor has to say. The doc may suggest chicken soup!
We had pork chops, buttered asparagus, and baked corn for dinner. Both of us were hungry and cleaned our plates.

We had white bean and Italian sausage soup with some baguette. It was, as expected, delicious. After stuffing ourselves, we sat around and gabbed and nibbled on some thin slices of the pecorino Romano that was on the table for grating onto the soup. Then, we nibbled on some brie. We managed to nibble our way through half a brie. It was an activity that Danes call to "smovse". The definition of smovse: eat (excessively) of delicious and lavish food. I think we need a word for that in English.

Attachments

• White bean and Italian sausage soup, Portuguese EVOO, pecorino Romano, white wine.jpg
    White bean and Italian sausage soup, Portuguese EVOO, pecorino Romano, white wine.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 5
  • White bean and Italian sausage soup.jpg
    White bean and Italian sausage soup.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 5
"Pig out" comes to mind, @taxlady, but that doesn't sound as refined. :D

K-Girl, it seems like every day has been manic for you lately. I hope your DH feels better soon. And I hope the doctor has better to say to you and your DH, @GinnyPNW, when you go into his office.

Now, dinner. I prepped everything before we went out the door to finish Christmas gift shopping. We still ended up eating very, very late. So late I can skip breakfast tomorrow (but I won't). Leftover ham, last of the baby reds pan roasted, and last of the broccoli, steamed.

20221213_002201.jpg

We had white bean and Italian sausage soup with some baguette. It was, as expected, delicious. After stuffing ourselves, we sat around and gabbed and nibbled on some thin slices of the pecorino Romano that was on the table for grating onto the soup. Then, we nibbled on some brie. We managed to nibble our way through half a brie. It was an activity that Danes call to "smovse". The definition of smovse: eat (excessively) of delicious and lavish food. I think we need a word for that in English.
Gorge? ?

Oh, no! Hope hubby is better, very, very soon!

I pulled some chicken from the freezer. It is a package of chicken made for enchiladas or chimichangas...when I didn't want the full batch, last time? So, enchiladas tonight! Along with some LO Mexican Rice...chips, salsa, ta-da!

My DH had a surveillance doctor's appointment earlier today. Doc has some concerns. :poop:
IMG_6901 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom