Need help with risotto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sousper Chef

Assistant Cook
Hey guys, today I tackled the challenge of making a risotto for the first time. I used 1 cup Arborio rice and 4 cups chicken broth. It came out too rich in flavor and the rice was not as soft as white rice would be. I’m 19 and have only been cooking for a couple of months. I’m looking for help on how to correct this dish. Thank you in advance.

The secret to risotto is patience.

Combine 4 cups of broth with 3 cups of water in a pot and allow to gently simmer. Place the onion in a skillet with 2 Tbs of butter and sauté over medium until softened. Add garlic and sauté another 45 seconds. Add your rice and continue to sauté until it is lightly toasted. Add a splash of wine and stir until the wine has pretty much evaporated.

Now start adding the simmering broth and water mixture, ½ cup at a time while constantly stirring. As the liquid is absorbed, continue to add ½ cups of liquid, constantly stirring until the liquid is absorbed each time. Repeat until all the liquid has been used and absorbed. Then stir in the juice of 1 lemon, some grated lemon peel if you like it lemony, another 2 Tbs butter and parmigiano.

Move to a serving bowl, and garnish with finely chopped Italian parsley, basil and/or chives, your choice.

Hey guys, today I tackled the challenge of making a risotto for the first time. I used 1 cup Arborio rice and 4 cups chicken broth. It came out too rich in flavor and the rice was not as soft as white rice would be. I’m 19 and have only been cooking for a couple of months. I’m looking for help on how to correct this dish. Thank you in advance.

This suggests you didn't add enough broth and cook it longer.

Follow Sir loin's process and feel free to sample the goods as you go. Don't stop until the rice is as soft as you want it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom