Official Dinner Thread for Monday the 15th©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We'll be cleaning out the fridge tonight by eating some leftovers before they become toxic.

What are your plans.

Salmon & White rice with a Teriyaki Drizzle, Shrimps fried in Duck Fat, Lima Beans with Bacon Bits, Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette ....

Teriyaki Salmon.jpg

I used the bone part of a prime rib, marinated it in a bulgogi mixture, then braised with the marinade and some beef stock, then shredded, defatted the braising liquid and tossed the meat with it. Korean cucumber pickles I made a few days ago and a Korean type macaroni salad similar to what we sometimes get as a banchan in a restaurant. We were supposed to have bibb lettuce to wrap the meat in, but it didn't make it home I discovered right before dinner. I did have a few shiso leaves that were sort of big enough so I picked them.

Attachments

• 2020-06-15 18.34.04.jpg
    2020-06-15 18.34.04.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 88
Okay, I'm being a smartarse. Are there freshwater scallops?
Well that's better than being a dumbarse, right?

"Sea" scallops are larger and harvested from deep waters of the ocean, while smaller "bay" scallops are collected from shallower bay waters. They both live in salt water, though.

I have got to start remembering to take pictures of our food. Everyone's look so yummy!

We had leftovers - TB had the remainder of the goulash from a few nights ago and I had a toasted chicken and avocado sandwich. We both had cucumbers and TB had grape tomatoes.

No dessert!

We had roast beef with baby potatoes and veg, and a salad for me. One of my favorite beers was back in stock at the store this weekend so I picked up a 4 - pack. 20200616_063531.jpg

Back
Top Bottom