Official Dinner Thread for Friday the 30th©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Tonight I revived an old recipe for Cajun Shrimp in Cream Sauce.

What's on your plate tonight?

Photo - 1.jpeg

I attempted to copy a szechuan spicy garlic stir fry from a local restaurant. I used
as a guide for seasoning crossed with some ideas from Chinese Cooking Demystified.

I used a blend of chile bean sauce (doubanjiang), regular bean sauce, fermented black beans and hoisin sauce for the primary flavor base. This was to cut the heat to levels my family would all like and build the fermented bean flavor.

Blanched veg for easy assembly and to avoid soggy veg in the stir fry later.

Came out pretty good, but didn't have my phone with me for pics.

Last edited:
I attempted to copy a szechuan spicy garlic stir fry from a local recipe. I used
as a guide for seasoning crossed with some ideas from Chinese Cooking Demystified.

I used a blend of chile bean sauce (doubanjiang), regular bean sauce, fermented black beans and hoisin sauce for the primary flavor base. This was to cut the heat to levels my family would all like and build the fermented bean flavor.

Blanched veg for easy assembly and to avoid soggy veg in the stir fry later.

Came out pretty good, but didn't have my phone with me for pics.
That looks good.

I'm making Sticky Chicken Plum Sauced as outlined in Dragn's post...but I'm using 4 thighs instead of the drumsticks. I've got a pot of Jasmine rice cooking too. Maybe there will be a salad, maybe not. Had a big BBQ lunch at the Customer Appreciation lunch given by our RV Service place. It was a good lunch and nice to be appreciated too. :clap:

We ordered from a resto called Toasties. DH had been wanting to try their sandwiches/subs for a couple of years. He ordered a Philly cheese steak. I ordered a "steak and chicken sandwich" garnished with lettuce, onion, black olives, mushrooms, and garlic mayo (my choices). The sandwiches/subs were toasted and they were really good. I just wish they let me choose a whole wheat bun.

Sheet pan thigh with onion, carrot, sweet red pepper, served on rice. Spicy with Sambal Olek mixed with Lemon Juice and minced Garlic.
Very tasty - have another thigh for lunch today. Maybe time for a picture too.

edit: oops, lunch came and went - without a camera.

Last edited:
I'm making Sticky Chicken Plum Sauced as outlined in Dragn's post...but I'm using 4 thighs instead of the drumsticks. I've got a pot of Jasmine rice cooking too. Maybe there will be a salad, maybe not. Had a big BBQ lunch at the Customer Appreciation lunch given by our RV Service place. It was a good lunch and nice to be appreciated too. :clap:
IMG_7490 (2).JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom