Pet names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sorry to hear about ony, msalper. Thank goodness he has come through it ok.
I have a 13 year old whippet mix that is losing her hearing and some of her sight. We have to watch her alot to make sure she doesn't get hurt. I know that there will come a day when we have to let her go, but, she has been a good dog and she has had lots of love, so I know she will go happy.

My black lab is named Vader, chocolate lad named Vinny.

I call them by each other's name at least 5 times a day:rolleyes:

msalper, I love dogs and I know how it is to have a sick pup. I pray he will be well soon.

Dove said:
I've been told that all calico cats are girls.

My son has a orange and white cat that he named Cheeto..as a kitten she would jump up and take a Cheeto away from him.

You could call her Mocha.....or Chi Chi or wait until you get her and decide.:cool:

It's the Tortoiseshell cat that is mostly female. A male is a rarity and it has to do with the lack of a certain color gene. Torties aren't supposed to have any white on them, whereas a Calico has quite a bit of white.

As for a name, I always go crazy trying to come up with the right name for a pet. Most times I would say that a good name either ends in a "y" sound or it's something you can add a "y" sound to and have it still make sense. Those names are easier to yell if you need to. And not a lot of syllables for that same reason.

BC

Actually torties and calicos are both female. We've had a couple calicos (a couple of our kittens now are calico), but more tortoiseshell. I prefer the looks of tortoiseshell cats to calico, but they are both beautiful. :cool:

:) Barbara

Thank you for all your kind words for ONY. It is very nice to hear those from you. I'm sure if he can speak he thank you all too. Tomorrow morning we will go to Vet University 5 hours far by car from here... I must be sure if he is ok now and he will be ok...
And I will come back with good news with my boy.
Thank you again...

msalper, sorry to hear about ONY. I hope that he is well soon.

My dog was sick a week ago. Luckily, I figured out the naughty dog had gotten in the trash and probably gave himself food poisoning eating something he should not have.

Better news I think

Some test was made today to ONY. Problem is about his lungs. Because of not working of auricle or ventricle properly, his vein leave some dirty blood in his lungs and causes oedema.:(
But fortunately it's not chronicle. Medical treatment was started today. And he seems better now...:)
Thank you all again :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom