Possible shortages this winter in the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As long as plenty of tenderizer is available. That way we can eat the car parts and aluminum cans from your list... :ROFLMAO:
I keep seeing this supplement TV commercial that says "you're not getting enough magnesium in your diet," and I yell at the television, "So go chew on your car wheels!"

Grocery shopping today found sugar at the usual price and lots of it, loads of cauliflower, and no shortage of anything else.
Like Jusa, we haven't noticed large price hikes nor shortages.

@mseaglecook I haven't been keeping up with any issues with trade among countries, tariffs, or logistic problems. This is a good reminder to me to pay attention to it.

The only thing we might be topping off are dried beans (mostly black, red, and soybeans). I noticed there have been good prices at the grocery store on dried black beans, so we may buy them there instead of in bulk. Price/lb in 1 and 2 lb bags as low as $1.35/lb, and 5 lb bags $1.20/lb.

Sugar has gone up, it could be found 2 4lb-bags for $4 last year ($0.50/lb), but now I'm not finding it for anything less than $1/lb. Maybe there will be sales to bring the price down.
I'll share a secret we came upon. We don't use much sugar (due to our choice) but we do need sugar for feeding the bees (it is recommended). A bee supply place a few cities away has 32lb bags for $14, or $0.44/lb.

Seed oils, olive oil, fresh pressed, and refined oils may see prices go up because they are using them for biofuels to replace fossil fuels, the demand goes up the price goes up. Although we don't eat oil, we use it for making soap, lubrication on machines, good fresh pressed oil for salves and skin barrier to hold in moisture.

Availability of prescription drugs is becoming more of a problem for me.

In the beginning it was only the pricey injectables for my diabetes but now it seems to involve some of the more inexpensive generic maintenance drugs.

Back
Top Bottom