Prayers Needed For Dave Hutchins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My day....now let me tell you how my day was! It was a blistering 5 degrees and with the pile up of snow we got yesterday I knew I should shovel the walk and driveway while it was at least clear skies. Well I also knew that I would only be able to do a little at a time because I had my two year old daughter standing at the front window watching me. Well I hadn't even been shoveling 5 minutes when I noticed my little one gone from the window so I of course went to check on her.....when lo and behold I realize that the little monkey locked me out!! Then I hear her on the other side of the door saying HI momma! Well I KNOW she knows how to unlock it as well so I begin telling her to please open it...all I hear her say is "OK!!".
Then nothing.....we did this for about 10 minutes and meanwhile I am freezing my keester off! I know its the simplest turn of the knob for her....I have seen her do it time and time again! But no not this time...this time she wants momma to help her open it! :huh:
I see that I'm getting no where with her and she is just watching me from the window and jiggling the door knob! So I go to three of my closest neighbors that are ALWAYS home....nope not this time! Now at this point my face is freezing and....uh well...dripping!
Finally I see a neighbor a few houses up pulling into his drive!
After he talks to her a couple mins and I warm up in his car, I finally say ok time to call the police! The second I call 911 she decides to open the door (45 minutes after the fact!) I quickly apologized to the operator and rushed inside....she is so proud of herself that she "helped" momma! :ROFLMAO::LOL: Gotta love her!
This story just cracks me up, DeeLady! I had the exact same thing happen to me 26 years ago except it was a bathroom door (so I wasn't freezing). Nick was 2 also! I have never been so scared in all my life. I kept envisioning him drowning in the toilet or somehow managing to open the window and fall out (it was a third floor bathroom). I spent the time drawing pictures on paper and sliding them under the door to keep him next to the door while I tried to talk him into turning the lock. Of course, he kept asking me to help him turn the lock. I called hubby hysterical, who made a 40 minute drive from the office in 15 minutes. He walked upstairs and yelled, "Nick, open the door, NOW", and of course, he promptly turned the lock and opened the door!:LOL:

I'm sure that eventually, the cards will all be forwarded to his home. But it may take a while.

I hope so. 2 to the hospital, so far. Thank you, thank you for the update. Please pass on how glad and relieved I am that things are going good.

This story just cracks me up, DeeLady! I had the exact same thing happen to me 26 years ago except it was a bathroom door (so I wasn't freezing). Nick was 2 also! I have never been so scared in all my life. I kept envisioning him drowning in the toilet or somehow managing to open the window and fall out (it was a third floor bathroom). I spent the time drawing pictures on paper and sliding them under the door to keep him next to the door while I tried to talk him into turning the lock. Of course, he kept asking me to help him turn the lock. I called hubby hysterical, who made a 40 minute drive from the office in 15 minutes. He walked upstairs and yelled, "Nick, open the door, NOW", and of course, he promptly turned the lock and opened the door!:LOL:

Laughed my head off with this.What memories of my poor mom having the same happen with my little brother about 40 yrs. ago. I don't know if dad was more mad at mom or him. But now it's hysterical!

Laughed my head off with this.What memories of my poor mom having the same happen with my little brother about 40 yrs. ago. I don't know if dad was more mad at mom or him. But now it's hysterical!
OMG! Your little brother, too? I really thought all these years I was just a rotten mother to have let my little guy get himself locked away. But here is DeeLady's little girl and your brother doing the same thing! Maybe I can finally stop feeling guilty about this after all these years! Anyone else been through this, too?

I did tell Dave today that there would be cards coming but since they are addressed to the other room he was in, they may not find him til he gets home. He was really surprised and choked up that people had sent cards.

Thanks for the update. He may get released but with the bone marrow disease he is going to need daily infusions of blood and platelets (since his marrow essentially has stopped working, and it produces the platelets). They may let him go home though, it depends. I am glad he is feeling better.

OMG! Your little brother, too? I really thought all these years I was just a rotten mother to have let my little guy get himself locked away. But here is DeeLady's little girl and your brother doing the same thing! Maybe I can finally stop feeling guilty about this after all these years! Anyone else been through this, too?

I did tell Dave today that there would be cards coming but since they are addressed to the other room he was in, they may not find him til he gets home. He was really surprised and choked up that people had sent cards.

I have been locked out twice by my kids!:ermm:

Of course, how bright am I that I let it happen not once but twice?:huh:

Now, anytime I go outside I take keys with me!!!:LOL:

Our card is going out tonight or tomorrow morning, so I will check my PM's to make sure I have his new room number...

I must be a little angel:angel:cause I never did that to my mom. lol

Yup. Grew up in a 200 yr old dutch colonial. We had the old glass door knobs with skeleton key locks. Mom was not so patient as to think of the game thing though. Just, "Marc, if you don't open that door NOW, I'm gonna beat your #$%!". He knew how to take the key out and played peep-a-boo with her and giggle. She couldn't help but laugh without any sound. Older brother and I just looked at each other with the "oh, oh" look. She wanted him to shove the key under the door to her. But he didn't understand it was not a game til dad got there.
What great memories to think of now. He was such a cutie pie!

Remember the always accepted answer to the relative question - I'm his/her cousin.

Hang in there Dave.

If anyone has dave's home address, could you pm it to me. He helped me when I put my dog to sleep and I'd really love to have a card of support waiting for him when he gets home.

Scientific evidence now indicates that an apple a day does indeed keep the doctor away...

The trick is hitting them hard enough with the apple!

I have the address I can PM it to you if FM hasn't already.

Dave, so you think a life couldn't get more boring than yours.
Ha!
Yesterday I volunteered to take the neighbor's puppy while she went to work. She only works part time, but left it outside, on her lanai (porch-to you northerners) in its crate (I don't like crates) in the cold. Yes cold. It was in the 50s and windy. Ok you northerners, stop laughing. I said cold-not freezing. I heard it wimpering when all the neighborhood walkers did their doggie afternoon walk, and I'm a sucker. So I volunteered for today.
I have an ornerary weiner dog who doesn't like anyone or thing but me, so it was iffy at best. I can't tell you what kind of dog this other thing is, but do know it's part kangaroo (explain later) and looks like a short gray haired with brown freakles in varying sized from a dallop to an icecream scoop (I like the food comparisons) all over him, lean, slender body and gives the impression of a dingo. And creepy dark gray eyes. But he's a cute, odd thing.
So promptly at 7:30 this morning I walked over with my baby to pick him up. (His name is Zepplin, my baby is Parker) I figured if they walked into the house together my guy would handle it better. Well they began with the doggie intro thing (ya know what dogs do-yik!)
Then Zepplin promptly inhaled Parker's food bowl in
what? like 10 seconds flat, washed it down, all the while Parker checking him out.
This dang dog wouldn't calm down, bouncing off the walls, and I saw Parker reaching the end of his rope after 2 1/2 hours. (Zepplin's about 6 mos. old, Parkers 8 1/2 yrs old.) So out we went to the canal, where I see all the wildlife. Parker-no leash, Zepplin-not walking a straight line, but running around in circles and hopping/walking on hind legs.
In the mile Parker and I walked this thing must have walked 4!
I thought they'd crash when we got back, but Nooooo, more of the same.
Finally, around noon they crashed. My guy was out like a light. Zepplin lasted 20 minutes.
Well, yaddy, yaddy ya.
We wound up taking 2 more similar walks before I was able to bring him back at 4pm. And I'm exhausted.
Parker has stirred to eat his dinner, but has had I think the ruffest day of his old doggie life.
And I don't think he'll forgive me or forget for awhile.
Understand that we live like monks (are there female monks?), and we like it like that - here in Paradise. LOL!
Oh, and the only wildlife I saw was the gator sunbathing on the bank of the canal. Thank God it was the far side.
Parker will go after anything that moves. His favorite passtime is chasing and capturing those little lizards we have. 2 years ago was bitten by a pigmy rattlesnake sticking his nose where it didn't belong.(That's why I call him Parker - short for Nosey Parker!) So I gotta keep my eye on him all the time.
So other than visiting here on and off most of the day, that's all she wrote.
I hear you've been getting calls from some of us.
I told Fisher's Mom I wouldn't call, as I didn't want to disturb you. I know you're there to get well, and even though meds matter, rest and sleep are the best meds.
But she said your feeling alot better and may leave sometime early to mid next week. Yahoo! Can you see me smiling?
hareiam.gif

Dave, so you think a life couldn't get more boring than yours.
Ha!
Yesterday I volunteered to take the neighbor's puppy while she went to work. She only works part time, but left it outside, on her lanai (porch-to you northerners) in its crate (I don't like crates) in the cold. Yes cold. It was in the 50s and windy. Ok you northerners, stop laughing. I said cold-not freezing. I heard it wimpering when all the neighborhood walkers did their doggie afternoon walk, and I'm a sucker. So I volunteered for today.
I have an ornerary weiner dog who doesn't like anyone or thing but me, so it was iffy at best. I can't tell you what kind of dog this other thing is, but do know it's part kangaroo (explain later) and looks like a short gray haired with brown freakles in varying sized from a dallop to an icecream scoop (I like the food comparisons) all over him, lean, slender body and gives the impression of a dingo. And creepy dark gray eyes. But he's a cute, odd thing.
So promptly at 7:30 this morning I walked over with my baby to pick him up. (His name is Zepplin, my baby is Parker) I figured if they walked into the house together my guy would handle it better. Well they began with the doggie intro thing (ya know what dogs do-yik!)
Then Zepplin promptly inhaled Parker's food bowl in
what? like 10 seconds flat, washed it down, all the while Parker checking him out.
This dang dog wouldn't calm down, bouncing off the walls, and I saw Parker reaching the end of his rope after 2 1/2 hours. (Zepplin's about 6 mos. old, Parkers 8 1/2 yrs old.) So out we went to the canal, where I see all the wildlife. Parker-no leash, Zepplin-not walking a straight line, but running around in circles and hopping/walking on hind legs.
In the mile Parker and I walked this thing must have walked 4!
I thought they'd crash when we got back, but Nooooo, more of the same.
Finally, around noon they crashed. My guy was out like a light. Zepplin lasted 20 minutes.
Well, yaddy, yaddy ya.
We wound up taking 2 more similar walks before I was able to bring him back at 4pm. And I'm exhausted.
Parker has stirred to eat his dinner, but has had I think the ruffest day of his old doggie life.
And I don't think he'll forgive me or forget for awhile.
Understand that we live like monks (are there female monks?), and we like it like that - here in Paradise. LOL!
Oh, and the only wildlife I saw was the gator sunbathing on the bank of the canal. Thank God it was the far side.
Parker will go after anything that moves. His favorite passtime is chasing and capturing those little lizards we have. 2 years ago was bitten by a pigmy rattlesnake sticking his nose where it didn't belong.(That's why I call him Parker - short for Nosey Parker!) So I gotta keep my eye on him all the time.
So other than visiting here on and off most of the day, that's all she wrote.
I hear you've been getting calls from some of us.
I told Fisher's Mom I wouldn't call, as I didn't want to disturb you. I know you're there to get well, and even though meds matter, rest and sleep are the best meds.
But she said your feeling alot better and may leave sometime early to mid next week. Yahoo! Can you see me smiling?
hareiam.gif

you are too funny.....thanks for the laugh and I hope that Dave sees it......debs

Just talked to Dave..He sounds so good..It's wonderful to know he is home and had a good dinner tonight...He goes in tomorrow at 10 for the first of his treatments..I'm sending him good thoughts and many many prayers that all goes well and does what is needed.
kades

Hey, Dave for whenever you get this {{{{HUG}}}}

Anyone speak to Dave today?
How'd he make out with his 1st? treatment.
Please remind him he's probably gonna lose his appetite, or things are gonna taste funny and he may lose taste of some of the things he use to like. But eating several small meals a day, instead of main meals is critical.

As far as I know, no one has been able to reach him today or yesterday. The hospital says he was discharged today but there is still no answer at home. I suspect, as you say Quicksilver, his first day of chemo was a rough one but I will be sure and post as soon as I hear anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom