Saturday, What's on Your Platter Day? 1-7-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our paella. Everything was from the freezer. Still working on cleaning them out.

37240-albums1041-picture6824.jpg

Steve, it looks like there may be a compound butter, or at least herbs, on the snails. Do you need to peel the foot disc when you make them fresh like that? I've only made smaller Chinese type snails that have the foot.

These aren't fresh. I used the old restaurant technique where you buy the shells and snails separately, then stuff the snails back into the shells before putting them in the oven. The snails themselves come from Burgundy, France. They're already cooked, so you're really just reheating them. They do have the foot on them, which I don't remove.

I use a compound butter made of parsley, garlic, shallot, white wine, and S&P. You could cook an old boot in that mixture and it would taste gourmet. :chef:

These aren't fresh. I used the old restaurant technique where you buy the shells and snails separately, then stuff the snails back into the shells before putting them in the oven. The snails themselves come from Burgundy, France. They're already cooked, so you're really just reheating them. They do have the foot on them, which I don't remove.

I use a compound butter made of parsley, garlic, shallot, white wine, and S&P. You could cook an old boot in that mixture and it would taste gourmet. :chef:

Lol, thanks.

The next time any one of us gets to meet Steve, steal his boots, I'll pay you.

They probably taste better than many of my wife's healthy meals. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom